16~One Secret Down

16~One Secret Down

Everest's POV

It is now officially July 1st! Summer slowly edging it's way to an end. It has been four days since Harry and I's stroll through the park. More like a marathon through the park. Leah had called me later the next day, telling me that we had gotten the attention/publicity in a sloppy kind of way, but fortunately the press got what they wanted and managed to take great pictures of us running throughout the city and through the park. Hand in hand. So that means everyone probably thinks we're a "thing" now.

Is it weird that I don't find it as a bad as it is?

Leah's been on my butt about that, though, practically telling me that I am not allowed to date him. That I am here to help, and to help only. I mean, not that I would want to or anything...

Thankfully though, she's been too busy with this whole publicity-blow-up, that she hasn't had the time to schedule any pre-made lunches or anything like that.

And, it's been four days since my little run into Jenna, who I haven't seen in the past four days. When Nicole discovered my head lightly bleeding from backing up into the brick wall, she immediately rushed me to the hospital, which clearly I thought was way too far, but she did anyways. The doctor said it was temporary cut and that I was going to suffer from pain minor headaches. But other that that, I was a going to be fine, obviously. Later that night, when she had driven me home, I told her what had happened earlier. She freaked of course, and asked me a gazillion questions. I answered the ones I had answers to, but many is was unable to answer.

I still haven't told my aunt about her or the news I had received. I kind of want it to stay that way. She doesn't need to add another burden to her collection of burdens that constantly weighs down on her back.

And because of the cut in the back of my head, which does indeed cause extreme headaches and pain to my brain, Joseph has rescheduled the dinner party to this Saturday.

Anyways, today is Tuesday and I am about to die of boredom. Delta and I are lazily laying in bed, watching reruns of Hannah Montana on Netflix. Or, at least I am. Delta lightly snores against my arm, where she had been tracing over my small tattoo over and over, eventually putting herself to sleep. She's been sleeping for at least an hour now, so I gently scoop her up in my arms and carry her into her room. I tuck her into her Minnie Mouse bed and kiss her lightly on the forehead, then tip-toe out of her room, leaving the door cracked open slightly just in case she woke up.

I'm babysitting Delta until Aunt Crissy comes back from running a couple of errands. I'm actually happy I got to spend some time with my little cousin. You know, before she fell asleep.

I plop myself back into bed and un-paused an episode of Hannah Montana. But I wasn't too focused on the show. My mind wandered off to everything that has happened in the past weeks, occasionally lingering around one for a while. It all goes back to the first day I met Harry to now.

So much has happened in only one month.

My mind soon stopped on the day I signed the contract. I sighed just from the thought of it. This little secret has been eating me alive. I know it's not that big of a deal, but it is to me. I want to tell Harry, but I don't want him to think I'm only helping him out just for the money. Which I'm not doing! I've denied the money many times before, but the money just shows up randomly in my bank account or in the mail (and yes, I had to give them everything they needed to know about me). But I wish I hadn't.

My mind soon wandered off to Harry and I's moments together. The evening when Harry and I went to the meadow for a picnic. The time we played 20 questions in the car, and revealed secrets to him that led me to showing him the ugly scar that my father had left on my shoulder. The night when Harry had one of his rare nightmares and asked me to lay in bed with him. The time when he made me buy that book all about One Direction in the small cafe/bookstore. It all led up to the little event that occurred four days ago, when we had almost kissed. If we would have kissed, would that have changed everything between us? My heart began to flutter and I could feel my cheeks burn red.