5~The Box

5~The Box

Everest's POV

After a long night of bickering, arguing, worrying and 'fangirling' from Nicole and Britne, we finally managed to get some sleep. Which I didn't get at all.

I tossed and turned in bed, thinking only of Harry.

Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry...

His name chimes all around my head, occasionally waking me up from a deep sleep.

I can't seem to get him out of my mind. How his emerald eyes gleamed in the night sky. How his dimples carved on to his face after every time I spoke. How his curly brown hair is fixed in a cute; yet messy way, that tingling feeling you get in your fingertips when you just want to run your fingers through it. I just can't get over him.

So here's what he's told me so far and here's why he will pay for my medical bill.

Kidding.

While Harry was on break from tour, he was with his sister, Gemma, and his mother, Anne. As they were driving past a green light, a drunk driver, going about 120 miles, crashed into their car. Sadly, his mother and sister died in the fatal car accident, killing them both instantly from head trauma. Harry, who was in a coma, was then rushed to the hospital. When he awoke the next morning, the doctor had told him the horrifying news. He told Harry it was a miracle that he survived the accident. Three days later, he recieved a call from a lady who works at this rehab facility, to inform him that his step-dad had checked himself in safely, assuming that he knew. Which he didn't.

Ever since then, he's been completely depressed. I wouldn't blame honestly.

I've replayed his story over and over in my head, not realizing I'd been in the shower for over twenty minutes. I quickly got out, dried my hair and cloaked my face with a good amount of make-up.

I trotted over to my closet and threw on a floral sweater, with black skinny jeans, and black, studded flats. I grabbed my black Channel shoulder purse and raced out the house, bidding my aunt a goodbye before I left. After rehearsals, me and Harry agreed to meet at Starbucks, so we can "get started".

So, here goes nothing.

~

"That's a wrap! Great job everyone, that'll be all for today!" The director cheered.

I sighed in relief, walking back to my dressing room. After I cahnged into my original clothes, I grabbed my phone, immediately dialing Harry's number.

"Hello?" Harry's familiar raspy voice said through the phone.

"Hey, it's Everest."

"Oh, hey."

"So, I just got done shooting for today and I'm about to head towards Starbucks. You ready?"

"Oh, um, yeah. I'll be there in about fifteen, 'kay?" he says in a midway-yawn, which probably meant he was still asleep when I called him.

I half smiled. "Okay," I ended. I shoved my phone back in my purse, closing my dressing room door behind me. I hugged the remaining cast members that were still here in the studio, then left.

It's kind of weird, that me, out of all the people in the world, was asked to help Harry.

This isn't an ordinary thing.

It's an extraordinary thing.

~

I grabbed my Mocha Frapé and a coffee for Harry-since he didn't tell me what he wanted-and walked out to the patio, being embraced by the warm weather. The sky is a lovely light blue color, the sun glows a bright radiant yellow. The wind blows lightly against my face, making the weather ten times better.

I've waited about ten minutes, and still no sight of Harry.

Did he forget? Did he not want to come? Did he change his mind about meeting me here? Does he not want to see me again? Is he even okay? Is he okay?

Those questions replayed over and over inside my head, making my body shiver from the eternal coldness inside my body.

I sip some of my drink nervously, my eyes scanning through crowds of people roaming about LA.

I sighed in disappointment. I was about to stand up to leave, until I caught sight of a familiar figure walking towards the small cafe. His messy curls have been tucked in a grey beanie, and black sunglasses cover his emerald eyes. His hands stuffed in his pockets.

A small smile spreads across my face, feeling relieved. "Hi," I say, standing up to hug him. I wrap my arms around his neck as he wraps his hands around my waist. I let go of him, sitting back in my chair. He takes the seat across from me, grabbing the small mug which I had placed in front of him. "So um, what's with the glasses?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He takes a sip of his coffee. "Hiding my identity," he says, his voice still deep and raspy, sending chills down my spine. "Do want us to be mobbed by raging, fourteen-year-old fans?" He asks sarcastically, the corner of his lips raising into a faint smirk.

I chuckle at his comment, sipping some of my drink. We sit in silence for while, staring down at our drinks.

I finally look up at him, his face saddened. "So how are you?" I ask, breaking the awkward silence. "You know, since last night."

He shrugs, avoiding my gaze. "Good, I guess," he faintly says. "But not tremendously great." I can tell he's looking at me even though he's wearing dark sunglasses.

"Oh," I sigh. "I'm sorry." He nods, leaning back in his chair. My eyes snap down to his body. A black v-neck shirt hugs his chest, his tattoos quite evident. His legs are covered by dark skinny jeans and brown boots snug his feet. He looks so handsome even when he's not trying.

"You like what you see?" Harry asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I fix my eyes back to his, his lips forming into a smirk, making his incredibly, irresistible dimples carve out.

I guess I hadn't realize I was checking him out. I can feel my cheeks heating up, blush creeping its way into my cheeks.

"Uh no! I mean, I..." I trail off, then sighing in defeat, sipping the last of my drink fastly. He chuckles, causing me to laugh as well. His laugh is so perfect.

'Snap out of it! Your here to help, not to flirt!' My mind yells at me.

I look down, breaking our gaze. My eyes widen, remembering I brought something for Harry. I smile at the thought.

"What?" Harry asks curiously.

"Oh," I laugh. "Nothing, it's just that, I have something to give you." My cheeks flush a rosy red. I open my bag, pulling out a small, rectangular box. I hand it out in front of him and he hesitantly takes it.

"What is it?" He asks unsure.

"You'll just have't to open it," I teasingly say, crossing my legs, grinning widely.

He raises an eyebrow, slowly opening the small box. His eyes widen at the sight, a small grin crossing his face.

"A journal," he says, grinning. He grasps it with both hands, his eyes scanning over the small, embroidered details.

~*~*~

~A/N~

Awwwwwwies, she got him a journal! How sweet? Lol! The feels!

Why do you think she bought a journal for him? Do you think he'll use it?

Find out next time!;)

Sorry for the suckish chapter. This chapter is probably the worst one I've written. But next one will definitely be better!

OH MY GERNESS!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE READS, VOTES AND COMMENTS!!! YALL ARE THE BEST!!! *cry, cry*

Love you all, loves!

~Lindsey B:)