"You remind me of Amara." I tell her.

"She's my favorite." she smiles again, hugging her bear.

"Me too, kid." I smile as I shake my head.

"The line was so long." Amara complains as she takes her seat at the table again.

"Everything okay?" she asks and Izzy nods, fucking thankfully.

The food arrives and we eat in a surprisingly non-awkward manner. Isabella spoke to Amara most of the time, I think I may have gotten a few words out of her but that's it. I notice how content Amara seems here, though. She doesn't seem as on edge or as nervous. I know she's nervous about how her family react to me, she's not the only one. But that seems to be okay for now. She's also fucking amazing with kids, Isabella is so happy with her and she always says the right thing. She made her laugh when she cut her lip from accidentally biting it - when she looked like she may cry. She entertained her the whole way through dinner, and she even got her to finish her whole meal through persuasion, surprisingly no bribery... unlike me.

"Are you finished with your food?" the waitress asks me as she picks up Amara's empty plate.

"Yep." I say, handing her the plate along with Izzy's.

"Do you want any seconds? It's on the house." she says, smiling at me - only me. Her question seems as though it was directly to me, as she doesn't even acknowledge Amara, or even the kid.

"No thanks." I say uncomfortably.

"Are you sure?" she says in a weird voice.

"He's sure." Amara butts in, her stare set on the blonde waitress, her eyebrow raised.

"Okay." she shrugs, leaving with our plates.

"What was that?" I ask Amara, trying to hold back my smirk.

"What was what?" she acts nonchalant, like she wasn't just rude to the waitress.

"That. You snapped at the waitress." I tell her.

"She was flirting." she mumbles, pretending to be pre-occupied with wiping the table where Isabella sits.

"No need to be jealous." I smirk and she looks like she may slap me, luckily there is a child present.

"I'm not jealous." she snaps and I notice the waitress coming back over to the table. What the fuck? Has she got a death wish?

"Would you like any desserts?" she says as she rests her hand on my shoulder and Amara's eyes widen. Even Isabella scrunches up her nose.

I shake her off and move over slightly. This couldn't get more uncomfortable if we tried. What the hell is she doing?

"No, we wouldn't." Amara says, frustration behind her voice as she emphasises the 'we'.

"What about my ice-cream?" Isabella chirps and I want to sink into the floor.

"What ice-cream, Iz?" Amara asks her.

"Mason said he'll get me ice-cream." she tells her and Amara looks at me.

"I don't remember." I lie and Izzy furrows her brow.

"Because you said the bad word, remember?" she says innocently and Amara shoots me a death glare.

"You bribed her, Mason?!" Amara says through her teeth and I scratch my head, meanwhile the waitress stands listening intently.

"I didn't mean to." I sigh and Amara takes a deep breath.

"It's okay." she fakes a smile and I raise my eyebrow, before realising she's just not going to argue with me in front of this flirtatious waitress, and a three year old.