𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[ WORD COUNT: 2090! ]

'Don't waste your precious time over boys with pretty eyes'
— Aviva, Princesses Dont Cry

Peter had helped you back onto your feet shortly after his attention was averted back over the river to where you presumed Tony must be scoping out.

"I-I gotta go help" Peter gestured over a skip in his step as he reached the edge of the water again.

"Peter wait-" you called after him, wobbling on your unsteady legs, chasing after him. He came to a halt at the water's edge, turning back to face you. His eyes were wide, looking at you for an immediate answer as his time was shortly running out. You instantly pulled him close to you, mushing your wet bodies together and resting your head on his chest. Peter smiled, closing his eyes as he rocked you gently.

"Be careful" you whispered, moving your head to look up at him. He nodded, "I will" before leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on your forehead.

"Go get em' tiger" you smirked, letting his hand go reluctantly as the mask retracted back over his face. He winked, before looking over the water and leaping off the edge, shooting a web to a nearby building and swinging off into the distance. You watched him swing for a while at the edge of the water, the chill beginning to sink into your bones through your wet clothing. Despite the fact that after everything; after Kyle, Harry, Tony, Ned... It all had come back to Peter. He'd saved your life even in metaphorical moments. He was truly... Something else.

You heard the gathering of ushered voices crowding behind you followed by camera clicks and flashes. You turned hesitantly, shielding your eyes with your arm as you saw the cameras flashing at you, reporters coming closer to the safety barrier that surrounded the water's edge.

"Miss, are you alright?"

"What happened up there?"

"Who is behind the green mask?"

"What is your relation to Spider-Man?"

"Are you dating Spider-Man?"

"What's your name?"

It was all a little too much for you to handle at that moment, the crowds becoming bigger like a growing wave of bodies. A screech of tires caught you off guard, head snapping to the side as you watched a black vehicle come to a startling halt, the blacked-out windows rolling down to reveal a familiar face.

"Kid jump in!" Happy yelled from the driver's seat, gesturing you over quickly. You took one last look at the reporters before breaking into a steady jog, pulling up the hood of your jacket and slamming the car door shut as you settled yourself down in the leather seats.