𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

[WORD COUNT: 2140!]

'I lied because I don't want you to know how much it hurts me'
— Unknown

WARNING: MAJOR ANGST AHEAD!!

Re-entering the bedroom, a warm heat hit your damp lips as you closed the door behind you, enclosing the dark lighting in the tight space of Peter's bedroom. Looking upwards, you saw the teen was now, too, staring down at his phone, teeth gnawing into his bottom lip as he read to be what looked like a rather long text message.

Your knee dug into the mattress and your hands sunk into the quilt as you gently crawled back over to him, discarding your phone to the side of the bed as your hands wrapped around his waist upon finally getting close enough. Peter tensed under your touch, flinching a little as your nose dove into the warm crook of his neck and he shielded his phone away from you.

"What's wrong?" you asked, worry filling your voice as he swallowed, tapping his fingers against his thigh. You knew from that moment that something had definitely shifted, something was wrong and you knew Peter wasn't just going to hand feed you the answer.

"Nothing, just tired" he lied through his teeth and it's as if you both knew. Your nose left his skin and you pulled off of him, moving yourself to the edge of the bed so you were sitting parallel against him. "Peter, what's going on?"

Peter could feel the space closing in on him as your hand took his in yours, trying to lock your fingers for a sense of warmth but he remained still, tensed more than ever and slowly beginning to sweat. He could feel the worry and not to mention disappointment radiating from your skin as you looked at him, gently cradling his wrist in your palm.

"Peter?"

"It's May" Peter quietly answered upon dismay, taking a deep breath.

"W-what did she say?" you asked nervously, knowing that this couldn't be good if he was low-key having a panic attack.

"She... She knows I'm here, college called her after I missed registration and I'm obviously not at with her, or Ned's, or MJ's, so... Where else would I be?" he answered, completely avoiding your eye.

"Okay... But, I've got a feeling that's not the big issue?" despite Peter being grounded, and you not being allowed near each other, there was something else in Peter's eyes that he wasn't showing you.

Feeling your hand on his made the situation that much worse after what he had been told. He was grounded and he completely forgot, but it wasn't exactly like he had an option of people to run to in a moment of dire need. May should know that, but she was clearly annoyed. After talking to her Peter presumed she would have calmed down; come to understand that you and Peter needed each-other with everything that was happening. But she didn't, she couldn't and Peter didn't know if she ever would.