𝐓𝐖𝐎

[WORD COUNT: 1856!]

[WORD COUNT: 1856!]

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

'she's mad but she's magic.
there's no lie in her fire.'
— Charles Bukowski

You braced your white knuckles tightly on the fire escape of your bedroom balcony, feeling the cool breeze sting at your heated cheeks. You allowed your hair to flow unruly, hanging lowly by your shoulders. It was rare you came out here anymore, partially because it was unsafe, as the balcony was years old. But other times you just simply didn't have time to sit and admire the city. It was peaceful out here and was where your heart settled down into a hushed pace, completely undisturbed by the world around it.

Your brother, Ned, was yet to apologise adequately for what he said earlier, and you were holding him too it. But you knew that alone, going to this party was enough payback. The last time you went to one of these party's it didn't end how you would have liked it too, and it quite literally changed your life forever, because now you could say you'd dropped your V card. Ned, however, was one of the few who didn't jump at the news. It took him six months to get over it, and even when he did he was still tight on you. Now he barely lets you go anywhere. So, it was part one of the reasons as to why you were dragging Peter with you.

A harsh breeze brought you out of your thoughts, carrying the smell of the damp streets to your nose as you inhaled deeply. The smell reminded you of summer nights, spent with your closest friends, without the responsibility of the world weighing down on your shoulders. Those were the prime nights; back when you were at school and the pure gratifying feeling of just staring at the stars took away all the stress of exams. For a moment it was almost perfect. The damp grass soaking through your hair, and irrigate your cheeks when you turned to look to the side, or the smell of a fire burning beside you. Those were the nights where memories were made, and now they were cherished.

"Hey" a callous voice interrupted your daydream, bringing your head to look over your shoulder. Peter was nonchalantly crawling through your window, stepping down onto the wet fire escape slowly. You shot him a smile, moving to the side, allowing him to join you. "You do know the party starts in like an hour?" He emit a long breath, catching the flow of his breathing once again. You nodded carelessly, tapping your blunt fingers against the rusty metal of the balcony. "What's wrong?" Peter asked, placing a hang on top of yours, holding it against the cold metal. Now it was your turn to talk.

"Just caught up in a daydream" you let a shy grin fall onto your lips, your thumb pulling out of Peter's grasp and escaping to rest on the top of his. You watched for a moment as your limb caught a mind of its own, dancing around on Peter's milky skin. He nodded steadily, allowing himself to get caught up in the cold breeze, the small strands of his hair dancing in the wind. "How come you're here anyway?"