𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

[WORD COUNT: 5400!]

[WORD COUNT: 5400!]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Just because her eyes don't tear,
doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry
— Unknown

Time was running out, and so was Peter's patience. His stress levels were running through the roof and yet he had hardly moved a muscle. In a way, Peter had been working on just keeping his mind at a settled pace all the while the others worked.

Peter knew he was allowed to settle, he'd run through the made plan over seven times now, but even now, chewing on the inside of his cheek as he walked alongside Tony to the basement his heart was pounding.

The plan was simple and straight-forward enough, but Peter was just making everything ten times harder for himself by involving you in every situation. Everywhere he went he saw your face. That glum look on your lips, head tilted upright as Kyle held you in your spot, all freedom to move being washed away. He'd tried not to think about all those intimate moments he'd shared with you, he really had. Trying to forget the feeling of your back against his chest, his arms around your stomach as you sat together in the warm bathwater. The scent that flowed from your skin when he kissed you tenderly, pouring out his love for you through gentle actions. The noises you made when he caressed you in the darkness. He'd tried to forget you altogether.

But he couldn't. Whether it was because you'd stepped into each other's chaotic lives unexpectedly and the world was trying to tell you you needed each other or just because you were someone else that needed saving, Peter still had one thing on his mind and that was getting you back to safety.

"You ready, kid?" Tony gently placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, the iron of his suit retracting to show his face. Peter nodded nonchalantly, suiting up into the iron-spider model suit made just months ago. Peter had decided he wanted to do this alone with the help of Tony, no one else. He couldn't risk putting anyone else in danger, even after trying to argue Tony out of coming. He refused, stubbornness getting the better of him. He was the grand prize after all.

At exactly six minutes to midnight, the pair made the retreat from the tower, leaping off the edge of the building and out into the night. Some eyes had glanced upwards whilst they travelled between the buildings, catching more attention than necessary. Peter didn't want any attention, he just wanted this night to blow over fast. Maybe then he could properly apologise for everything he said, the actions that he didn't need to take, for putting you in a position you didn't deserve to be in. At the end of the day, all you had done was try and help him and had fallen subject to the love curse whilst doing it.

Tonight was the night it all ended.

The clocktower shortly came into view and Peter felt his stomach practically fall through his suit. He'd never felt blood pressure like it. His hands started clamming, mind fuzzing over and emotions flowing haywire. The two slipped into an abandoned building at the side of the tower, Peter taking a seat on the windowsill as his eyes remained locked on the time, the hands getting closer to twelve.