Author's Note

Hello ladies and gents!

I so hope you have enjoyed the journey of book 2 in the Courageous Trilogy! I have LOVED getting to write this novel.  I hope you all have equally enjoyed it. 

So, I'm mainly writing the author's note to give a little more insight of the characters and to leave it available for any reader to ask me questions! :) I'm an open book (no pun intended.)

With Bay, our heroine, I gave a lot of backstory in book 1. My goal for almost every character is to develop them and their story as the book gets further along. So at first, you get just a glimpse at who Bay is as a person, and then further down the road, her character begins to really blossom. You can see her personality and better understand her as a person. In book 2, This World is Outrageous, we begin to see more development in our heroine. She begins to unravel, her past seeming to haunt her in her dreams. Bay has a woman near on identical to her that reappears constantly in her dreams, calling her "Bryony." Understandably so, Bay wants to know who this woman is and who she is to this mysterious woman. 

I wrote many subtle hints in WAC, such as Bay feeling as if she didn't belong in the Pure State, that she didn't look like her parents or her siblings, being familiarized with weapons even though she never handled one before, and so on and so forth. These hints begin to unravel and make more sense to the reader in TWIO. 

With Casper, in book 1, I purposefully left him mainly a mystery. I wanted Casper to be kept to himself, letting the reader only know as much about him as he wanted them to. In book 2, however, we get to see Casper open up as he becomes accustomed to the group of friends he has found himself with. And as he grows more accustomed, we learn more about Casper than meets the eye. I enjoyed slowly developing Casper's character, because I feel like the more the series continues, the more the reader will learn about Casper and his past. 

We also get to learn more about Willow in book 2. Albeit not a ton more about her, but she's important enough to have chapters of this book from her point of view. I added Willow into the chapters so the readers had an inside look of what was happening while Bay and Casper were venturing across country to get back to New York. Willow, Avery, and Demetria stayed behind at the Jotunn Headquarters to do some renaissance work. Because of this, I wanted to focus chapters on Willow. I felt like having her point of view would be very interesting, giving the reader an inside look on how the Einstein of the group's brain functioned and ran. Unlike Bay, she isn't a natural born fighter, but she can analyze a situation and use that to her ability. Willow, I feel like, really develops in TWIO, and will continue to develop in the final installment of the Courageous Trilogy. 

In addition, let me explain why I split the book's chapters up into different point's of view. My favorite author is Veronica Roth, and in her Divergent series, when she decided to split the POV, I loved it. I felt it let me get to know the other characters on a much deeper level, and that's what I wanted for my own personal characters. I felt that by dividing the POV's, not only did the reader get more content, they got to know more about each individual character. 

The final installment of the Courageous Trilogy has NOT been completed. Because of this, the upload of this novel will not be for a little while. I like to have enough content lined up before posting, that way the reader doesn't have to go back through and re-read chapters to remember what happened. I am still working on what direction I want the final novel to go. I have a very rough draft planned out, now I just have to find the time to write it. So uploads from me might cease for a short while, but I will return!

I also have other novels I've written. I have another trilogy, book one is called "We Stood Alone." I also have one I started writing for NaNoWriMo last month called "Experiment Unaffected." If you're interested in reading some of my other novels while you wait, just let me know! 

SO FINALLY! Ask me questions, ask me anything and I will do my best to get back to you all as soon as I can! Leave me messages on my board or comment on my chapters and I will get back to you as soon as I can break away from homework (living that college life). I have had a BLAST doing this book and look forwards to hearing from all of you! Here is a small "about me" section for y'all to enjoy down BELOW!

My author name is Miranda Vondale, my first and middle name. My last name is bland and boring, so I don't use it. Not only that, but I don't want weirdo's finding and adding me on social. That's just too far. My birthday is October 2nd! I will be 21, which is literally so terrifying. Adulting sucks. I've written books since I was six years old. My first book was called Mandi Moore and the Candy Store. Believe it or not, I wrote and illustrated that children's book. There's a bit about me, feel free to leave a bit about YOU down in the comments or on my board! I'd love to get to know you guys. :)

Side note: if you have seen any typos in my writing for WAC or TWIO, please let me know! I want to fix any mistakes ASAP!

Side note No. 2: I am now accepting cover requests! Check out the rules that apply and get back to me! I'd love to help make your cover dreams come true :) (wow that sounded way better in my head, lol).

-Miranda V.