Chapter 16--Casper

Chapter 16

Casper

Not only am I getting the cold shoulder from Bay, but we are now out here without eyes or ears.

Around two hours ago it appeared to us that the two girls were run out of the control room, but we have no way of knowing for sure what happened. We don't even know if they are still alive. From the looks of it, their earpieces all-together became damaged—leaving me and Bay with static-filled ears. Bay's already in a bad mood, which is more than obvious from her demeanor, but then you throw being out here blind on her list? You really don't want to see the results.

After Avery—a girl who always looks danger in the face and scoffs—screamed in such terror, I know the situation is truly bad. Avery is a person I class as fearless. But something terrified her so much that she cried out for help to no one in particular. Well, that in itself tells me all I need to know.

Bay stops walking and stares back at me. Her eyes seem to peer right through me, making me feel weak at the knees. How can one girl manage to make me feel this way? I'm nineteen, I should have control over situations and feelings like this.

"What do we do now?" she asks.

For a second I think she speaks to me but her eyes drift over to Ridge.

"Oh, that is just charming Zachary," I blurt.

"Why are you asking me?" Ridge raises his eyebrows.

"Because you're the only one here?" Bay smirks. Oh yes—I had been so right when I said she was feisty.

"I'm right here!" I say with a growl.

She swats the air near her ear as if there's a fly buzzing her, "Suggestions?"

"Are you serious right now?" I comment once more.

"Did you hear something?" she coughs.

The cold shoulder indeed.

"Bay, that's kind of—" Ridge begins before falling short at the look she gives him. It appears to be the look from hell.

"On second thought," he clears his throat.

"That's what I thought," she grumbles.

"Look Bay. I am not the one to ask. I don't have an earpiece so I really have no clue what is going on. Casper would be the one to ask, not me."

"Casper? Who's Casper?"

"Come on Bay, that's enough," I sigh.

She glances at me for less than a second, "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Very funny. I guess if you don't want answers on what to do," I trail off, whistling to myself.

She growls and mumbles curses under her breath. "I'm sorry—the name is Bay. And you are?"

"You're hysterical," I grumble.

"Nice to meet you, too. So you have a suggestion?"

"I have a few," I spit in reply.

"Don't even think about it," she seethes.

God, Bay is petty.

Ridge steps in between us before a fight has the chance to brew.