Chapter 28

Shawn's Point of View

"I'm really going to miss them." Nicole said as we were entering the airport to go back home.

"Yeah me too. But the good thing is, that I'll see them next Magcon." I said and smiled. Those guys sometimes were so obnoxious, yet I love spending time with them. They never fail at putting a smile on my face.

"I don't know if my mom will let me go to the next one." she said sadly and looked down at her shoes. I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. She looked at our hands then she looked up at me and smiled.

My dad said the plane was going to board in 20 minutes so we sat down. Nicole sat at my right then put her legs on my lap and my dad went to the restroom but told us to look after his bag.

"Shawn, can I ask you a question?" Nicole asked as she played with her hair. I think she was taking out the split ends, or some shit like that.

"You already did." I smirked at her and when she looked at me she had the 'really?' look on her face. I laughed but nodded.

"Yeah, go ahead." She looked down again.

"But you have to be completely honest okay?" she said and looked me straight in the eye. I gulped.

Could she be talking about earlier when I rushed in the bathroom because she called me that name that weirdly turned me on even though it came from her? No, no. I don't even think she noticed.. but what if she did? Holy shit I'm screwed.

I nodded.

"How do you know when you love someone?" she furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her hands and started playing with her nails. Chipping off the left over black nail polish she still had.

"Do you want a real answer?" She said yes.

I had to think a little bit before answering.

"Well in my opinion, loving someone is both exciting and scary as shit. Once you're in love, you can't remember your life without them. Well, you do remember some parts, but you don't really start 'living' until you two meet. You look at a picture of whoever it is and you can't help but this giant smile to take over your face because you know the person in the picture is yours. That someone could go from just making you smile, to being the happiness and joy in your life." I looked at Nicole and she had the biggest smile on her face, but she stayed looking at her hands. I continued.

"Everyone experiences love differently and at different times. And if you ever asked someone, who knows for sure that they love, who they love, they will surely tell you its the best feeling in the world. That person would be the highlight of your day. Your day could be shitty as fuck but just seeing that person would make it all better." She chuckled.

"If you really love someone, you never get tired of them. No matter if that day you meet the president, or One Direction come to your house and sing you a song, that one special person will always make it better. The one you love will be the first and last thing that pops in your head in the morning, and at night. When something great happens to you, the first person you want to tell is them. When something bad happens, this person is the first thing that pops into your head to seek support. And do you remember that one movie 'A Walk To Remember'?" I ask her. She looks up and smiles widely. She has made me watch that damn movie so many times, I've almost memorized it. I even memorized that damn quote.

"That part where Jaime gave Landon her moms book. That quote that goes 'Love is always patient and kind'. Its also selfless. Their needs become much more important that your own. You do whatever you can to make your love happy. You'd do anything just to see them smile. And I know this sounds really cheesy, but its true when people say that love has no limits. Just like you with Niall." I said and she laughed. God, her laugh..