Chapter 45 - The End of Book 1

Up top is the Zach Sang Interview.

2014

-

"Need some help?" I stopped mid movement and looked sharply behind me.

He was crawling inside the tent.

"Shit you scared me. Make a sound next time Jesus Christ! You need a bell around you." We both laughed as I adjusted the blanket.

I'm starting to sweat.

"And no its okay. This was the last thing." I grabbed all the electronics from the ground and put them in a pile on the blanket.

"This is really nice." He stopped for a second to look around.

"Like really nice." He looked back at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"This is my little 'sorry for being busy the entirety of last week' surprise thing." I said but sounded more like a question.

"So surprise." I said and opened my arms up for hug. He smiled and hugged me.

Oh my god why does he have to smell so nice?

I really, really, really hope he can't feel how hard my heart is hitting my ribcage right now.

"I missed you ass." he said as he pulled in a little closer. I was expecting him to pull away but he kept going.

"I missed you too." Yeah right.

I started to let go when he tightened his grip.

"Wait! I haven't seen you in so long!" And basically crushed my ribs.

"Ow!" He laughed and let go. We both sat down again. I rubbed my forearm.

"Damn bitch relax on me. You've been at the gym, not me." He grabbed the bag of chips and opened them.

"Oh shit, did I actually hurt you? I'm sorry. I guess I really don't see the results of the gym until I actually try." He raised his eyebrows at me and looked at my arm. I rolled my eyes.

"No you didn't. But the next time that happens, I'm just gonna end up snapping in half. So go easy on me. I'm not Lyall, or Matt. I don't have a penis." I snickered.

"Okay but why do you have to say that last part?" He laughed out loud and almost choked on a chip.

"I'm just saying! Girls are delicate. In all aspects." He looked at me and straighten up his posture.

"Speaking of girls, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want first?" I looked at him and widened my eyes.

"Oh no. Give me the bad news first. Lets get it out of the way." I turned my body towards him and gave him my undivided attention.

Well at least I'm not nervous for myself anymore, but now I'm anxious about the bad news. I hope its not too bad.

"Lauren and I broke up."

My mouth fell open a little in complete shock.

That was fast.

Say something.

Anything.

Don't make this weird.

Speak sentences.

Say words.

Make a sound!

Do something!

"What happened?" It took everything in me not to jump up and down right now. I just crossed my arms to try and hide my excitement. I can't show a thing. Especially react positively to someone saying this is bad news.