Chapter 7

Shawn's Point of View

7:03 am

"Shawn wake up." I heard my mom. Fuck, I guess I missed my alarm again.

"Okayyy." I dragged on. I really wasn't a morning person.

"You don't want to be late!" she screamed as she was walking out of my room. I stayed in bed another 5 minutes.

"Ughhhhh." I got up and rubbed my face with my hands. Nicole always said they were huge, but its just that her's were incredibly small. She's always saying how she has man hands, but they look like normal girly hands to me.

She puts herself down even though she's the perfect kind of person. In every regard.

Well, I don't tell her to her face because she'd never accept the compliment. I've had feelings for her since the 7th grade. Funny enough that was the first year I got a girlfriend. And it wasn't who I actually wanted.

I had my first kiss that year too. I wanted to know if my feelings for my best friend were temporary and I could get over them. So I kissed her instead of trying it out on Nicole.

There was a point were I actually thought I did get over those feelings, but then she tells me she asked a guy out, I got crazy jealous. I never told her, so I kept it all in and told my best guy friend at the time.

I got up from my bed, went to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans. I sleep in my boxers so I just had to slip them on.

I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and fixed my hair. I put on my shoes and looked in the mirror. Eh, that'll do.

I grabbed my backpack, and my phone, and went downstairs.

"Morning mum." I said and kissed her cheek. She was making me a lunch. Fuck yes. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 7:43 am. How?!

"Oh shi-" My mom gave me a look. I smiled so I wouldn't get yelled at.

"I gotta go." I grabbed the peanut butter and jelly sandwich she gave me, grabbed my lunch and kissed her cheek again.

"See you later mom!" I yelled as I was heading to the front door.

"Love you!" she responded. I yelled it back and closed the door. I walked next door and rang the door bell. Then Nicole greeted me while holding a bowl of cereal.

"Hey! You're early! Come, I'm watching SpongeBob." She said and ate another spoonful. I closed the door behind me and we walked to the couch.

"Finally you bring your own food." Nicole said as she sat down next to her backpack.

'You look beautiful.' I wanted to tell her, but bit into the sandwich to keep me distracted. I checked if her mom was looking and I flipped her off. She just laughed.

"What episode is it?" I asked her as I set my backpack on the floor and sat next to her.

"When Flatts wants to kick Spongebob's butt."

"Oh okay. I love this one." She agreed and we ate in silence. She then went to the kitchen after she was done with her food.

"Shawn are you ready?!"

"Yeah!" I yelled back. I went to the kitchen and saw Nicole kissing her mom on the cheek.

"Bye mom number 2." I teased. Mary kissed my cheek and we said bye.

I grabbed my backpack, put it on my shoulder and Nicole and I were out the door.

"Here." I looked down and Nicole was handing me a piece of gum.