Chapter 14

If you love popcorn, sorry!

-

Nicole's Point Of View

Later that night -

So, the only movie I could find on Netflix was Paranormal Activity. Its the only one that didn't have Aliens, Michael Myers, or Exorcisms, and all the other ones sucked, so here I was. Putting pause as I was getting the popcorn ready. Shawn and Aileen both like it, but I don't.

When I was little, I used to love it. But you can't have too much of a good thing. I licked the popcorn bag clean, and at first it was so good you can't stop eating it, but I got sick after that.

So I stopped with popcorn all together. But I do LOVE kettle corn, or caramel corn. Basically any kind of popcorn, just not the regular butter kind.

As I was watching the popcorn bag rise in the microwave, I heard the door bell ring. I automatically could tell it was Aileen.

I walked to the front door, in my Pj's, may I add, and opened the door. I was greeted with Aileen looking at me with the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey!" I yelled and she hugged me.

"Come in!" I said and moved aside so she could come inside.

"So, what movie are we watching?" she asked as she walked to the living room and sat on the L shaped couch.

"Paranormal Activity." I said as I started walking to the kitchen because I heard the beep that the popcorn was done.

"Okay, good." she said as she followed me to the best room in the house.

"And what are we eating?" she asked again. She leaned her elbows on the counter as she saw me get the popcorn done.

"Um, popcorn, candy, chips, ice cream and soda." I counted off.

"Yes! We're gonna pig out!" I laughed as she fist pumped in the air.

"Yeah we are. So I guess we can start the movie, just help me move all this food to the living room. Expect the ice cream." I ordered as I was getting two cups with straws out so we can put soda in it. She nodded and grabbed the chips and bowl of popcorn.

About 20 minutes into the movie, Shawn still hadn't shown up yet. I've called his phone, and he said he wouldn't be late. But guess what Shawn, your pretty fuckin late. It was 9:47 p.m, and Aileen had to leave by 11:30 p.m because we have school tomorrow.

We were at the part of the movie when the girl gets out of bed and just stares at her boyfriend sleeping, when we heard the door creak open. Its just Shawn, its just Shawn, its just Shawn. I kept repeating to myself. Why in the hell did I pick this movie?

The door kept creaking and shutting. What the fuck.

"Aileen." I whispered. She turned to me. Her eyes were wide and you can tell she was terrified. Just like me.

"What?" now we were both whispering.

"Do you hear that?"

"If you're talking about the creaking, then yeah. I just didn't want to say anything. I was hoping it would go away." she whispered back.

"Lets go check it out." Sometimes my curiosity gets me in trouble.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" she whispered/yelled. I shrugged at her. Then the door completely opened. We looked at each other and quickly ducked under the huge blankets I had gotten for both of us before we started the movie. The happier hours.