Chapter Ninety-Seven | Third World

Start from the beginning

For a time, he got lost. So in the end, he had to look at a map. Which would have been a comical sight for anyone to behold. Only then did he identify the right building and painstakingly got the body moving once again. The journey, which would have taken anyone no more than fifteen minutes, dragged on for around forty-five. But eventually, the Hydroelectric's facility was in range.

As Jakob hadn't come across any of the Advanced Rotters so far, it boded well for finding them all in one place. It was now just down to him to entice the creatures. Perhaps the old shaketh of the booty, might suffice.

On the previous mission, Jakob had been injured, so his exploration was cut short. He wasn't able to properly see the Advanced Rotters and the legendary demon baby. But he had been forcibly given the reports to read, so he theoretically knew all that was needed to know. As was always the case, what was written on a piece of paper did nothing to describe the true vileness of the actual creatures.

Which Jakob got to see firsthand, as his rigor-mortis ladened body made it around a final corner.

Out in the open, in front of the facility, was the whole group. They weren't out there for fresh-air, but instead were distracted by the small mountain of Rotter corpses they were chowing down on. The endless limb ripping and odd screeching made Jakob feel fortunate that he didn't have a stomach to vomit up from.

On top of the mound, bouncing about with far more ferocity than the rest, was the Advanced Rotter baby. It was far too animated, far too alive. But the facts that Jakob had read on paper were checked off in his mind. Right down to the other Advanced Rotters keeping an eye on the miniature creature. Never turning their backs.

As Jakob intended to make a slight sound of disgust, he forgot that he currently had only a partial mouth and a deconstructed throat. Arising from the slight stimulation, a growl erupted from his decaying body. It was nothing impressive, nor tremendously threatening, but it was low enough to have seven heads slowly turn to face him.

"Uhsh" Oh shit.

Before the smallest Advanced Rotter could even twitch, Jakob started moving. In the opposite direction. He'd already been briefed on the best of the open spaces in the city, but at the current moment he was going to select any if it meant he could ditch the meat-sack he was wearing. Only after making the first turning did he glance back.

Obviously all of the creatures had seen the peculiarity in him, so with bloodthirsty interest, they stalked behind. Their elongated limbs carried them much faster than Jakob, but instead of pouncing, they took their time. Whether it was the thrill of the hunt, or they were keeping their space from the demon baby, Jakob just counted his blessings and forced as much control as he had into moving his legs.

The space in sight, he was hit from behind by a heavy force. Thrashing about, using his arms to try and distance himself from the creature on his back, Jakob growled. When he got onto his back, he saw the creepy face of the child Advanced Rotter. It bared its teeth with a hiss. So Jakob sacrificed his hand, shoving it down the creatures throat and clutching onto the fucker's tongue. He didn't care about proper tactics, he was going to use the Rotter's collapsing body to create as much harm as he could.

Unsurprisingly, the creature was far stronger. Snapping its jaws closed, Jakob swiftly lost a hand. He felt no pain, which he had already sussed beforehand from not feeling the effects of a disintegrating corpse body. But with it plugging the creature's gob, he used his other hand to put all his force behind scratching its face.

He'd probably need therapy later, but Jakob relished the abnormal scream that came from the demon baby. His nails chipped off under the pressure against the skin. The Advanced Rotter creature reeled backwards, a lump in its throat which was caused by a missing appendage. Jakob watched as it was swallowed down with ease. Of course such things wouldn't need a gag-reflex.