59

A year later 

"Are you sure?" I look up with tear filled eyes. Calum nods but i shake my head.  "No, it cant be true. I don't believe it!" He tries to grab my hands but i pull them away. 

"Matilda" I let out a sob before walking to the other side of the room, still shaking my head. 

"NO" I can feel myself start to shut down. Luke, Michael and Ashton walk in the room, Luke walks up to Calum and puts an arm around his shoulders. I lean against the wall and slowly slide down it to sit on the floor. I feel fur tickle my face and i look to see Harley staring at me curiously. I let out another cry before placing my head in my hands. Another pair of hands grab mine, before pulling them away from my face. Ashton cups my chin. 

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, we never wanted this to happen" And that's when i feel myself break. I lean forward and collapse into his arms, crying more than i ever have. "I'm so sorry." The other three sit around me and we spend the night just holding eachother. 

--------------

I walk behind Calum, with my head down not wanting to make eye contact with anyone. Apparently i stop walking as a hand is put on my back. I turn to see Michael smiling lightly at me. "Come on" I sigh before following after Calum. We find our seats and we sit their silently. 

I zoned out through the many speeches but when my name is called i snap out of it. I look up to see a lady giving me a soft smile, beckoning me to come forward. I look at Calum and he gives me a nod before leaning forward and whispering in my ear, "you've got this"

I walk with shaky legs to the platform. I stand in front of the microphone and breathe in deeply. "Uh, hi. My name is Matilda." I look down to the palm cards in my hands. "I never expected to do this, i'm sure no one plans this." I look to Calum, begging him to get me out of this but he nods, he knows i can do this.  "I never thought this day would come, at least not so soon. Life has been hard, but i know you have to face challenges. This is just one of the big ones." I pause and look up to the roof, begging my tears not to fall. "I never wished this on anyone, there was a time when our relationship wasn't good but good things came out of it, i met my true family." I look at the four men and see them holding back tears. And that is when i start to crack. "I feel like all i do is cry. But i can't not, am i weak? Or does everyone cry this much?" I look through the audience to see many people i've never even met crying, i frown. "Who are some of you? Are you just here to watch people suffer!? You never met her! You don't know her!" I see Calum get up and run towards me but i can't move. "She's my mum!" A sob escapes. "She's my mum! And she's dead! And i'm talking at her funeral where half the people there don't even know her!" Tears are falling down and i let them, sinking into Calum's arms. I let out a whisper. "She's gone" And that's when everything goes dark. 

-------------

I grab Calum's hand. "I'm sorry" He looks at me curiously. 

"What for?" I lean into him. 

"You lost her too" He doesn't say anything, he just pulls me onto his lap and moments later we're both being squeezed by the other three.

This is my true family...

Omygod Hi!! Its been so long and im so sorry about that. I really am! The past year has been so hard and ive really struggled.

So this is the last proper chapter of the book, hehe dont kill me. I plan to make the next chapter an epilogue set about 10 years later, where Tilly is 25 so that's fun! I don't plan to stop writing! I may continue updating my other medical book "Help me" But i'm going to start a new Harry Styles book as well. 

Love you all!! And stay safe!