Summer Camp?

All Might sighs as he shoulders the door open to the teacher's conference room. Almost all the seats are filled, save for one near the window.

   "Ah, All Might, how wonderful for you to join us," Principal Nezu sings from his seat at the front. "Come sit down!"

   All Might sheepishly sinks into his seat, rolling the chair closer to the desk and ducking his head low. He twiddles his thumbs nervously and tries to shift away from any accusatory glares. A small brush to his knee startles him a bit, and he catches a small whisp of pink hair when he looks down.

   "Sorry, I got caught in traffic," he mumbles.

   "That's quite alright," Nezu responds. "We were just going over a few safety concerns that might arise from the hero training camp we've put together."

   The No. 1 Hero smiles to himself. Of course, how could I forget? The kids are probably shuffling onto the bus right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

   "Duffle bags?"

   "Check!"

   "Bug spray?"

   "Check!"

   "Sunscreen?"

   "Check!"

   "First aid kit?"

   "Aw, come on Iida," Deku's voice warbles up to the tall, stocky class rep. "We don't need first aid kits, there's probably going to be an infirmary up at the campground!"

   Iida adjusts his glasses on his nose, fixing his green-haired friend with an accusatory stare. "Are you sure about that, Midoriya?"

   A short, brown-haired girl lightly elbows Deku in the abdomen. "Yeah right, I'm surprised you didn't break your arms trying to get your bags on the bus!"

   Deku shyly ducks his head away from his friends, a small smirk playing on his lips. He's used to the teasing, but he never expected to find so much joy in it. Usually Kacchan unrelentingly rips into him, with no intent on finding a cheerier side.

   "I still can't believe we all get to go to the camp!" Mina exclaims a few seats back. "I was SURE we were gonna have to stay home!"

   "Yeah, I know," Denki responds. "Especially after that epic fail we had with Principal Nezu!"

   The comment earns the sparky blond a light punch to the shoulder from his previous finals partner.

   "Hey, shouldn't Aizawa-Sensei be here by now?" Hagakure murmurs to her bus partner. Tomei-Sei shrugs, an unassuming look clouding her tired features.

   "Maybe he overslept," the brown-haired girl yawns. "I wouldn't put it past him, especially if he had to make lesson plans for camp."

————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Now that all the emergency numbers have been established, let's go over the emergency protocols." Almost everyone in attendance lets out an inaudible groan at the principal's suggestion.

   Shota finds himself drifting off during Nezu's third safety lecture. His head droops, tangled bangs hovering over his dry eyes, eyelids slowly trying to close as a small snore settles in his throat... he is definitely more tired than usual. It had taken Maigo more time to get ready this morning, double-, triple-, and quadruple-checking her packed bags to be sure she did not forget anything. She had packed clothes, swimsuits, toothpaste, her toothbrush, blankets, her hairbrush, pillows, sneakers, sweaters....

   The sleepy hero startles from a hard, sharp elbow to his ribs. He rubs his stomach and glares daggers at Midnight, who is trying to hide a smirk from where she sits next to him. She taps her fingernails on a hastily written note on the table: "Pay attention :)"

   Shota just frowns, his brow furrowing as he tries to concentrate on Nezu's monotonous voice. When did she write that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   The small girl bounces up and down excitedly on the bus seat. Her fists grip the straps of her backpack so tight she can see the outline of her knuckles more clearly than usual. She has the biggest smile stretched across her face, and her eyes are brighter than the sun.

   "Tone it down, Pipsqueak," warns a gruff voice off to her right. Its owner shifts in his own seat, cracking one eye open to glare down at his tiny bus partner.

   Instead, she hops up onto her knees and leans across his lap in order to press his face to the window.

   "Hey, hey, what'd I say," a firm hand grabs the handle on her backpack and lightly nudges her back into her own seat. "If the bus starts moving and you're not sitting, you're gonna get hurt and I'll laugh."

   "Knock it off, Bakugo," Tomei-Sei quips from behind the spiky-haired boy. "If Aizawa-Sensei sees you heckling her, he's gonna get the wrong idea."

   "And what is he gonna do?" Bakugo sneers back. "Throw my off the bus? Prevent me from going to summer camp just because I'm bullying the Pipsqueak?" He shoots a sly wink at Maigo, grinning when she winks back.

   "You know, he just might," the brown-haired girl snides before sliding back behind the seat.

   No sooner have the words left Tomei-Sei's mouth than Class 1-A's disheveled homeroom teacher shuffles up the stairs and stands near the driver's seat. The entire class falls silent, quiet shhhs making their way through the bus until not a sound can be heard.

   "Good morning class," Aizawa grumbles reluctantly.

   "Good morning, Aizawa-Sensei," everyone replies.

   Maigo jumps up and hangs her arms over the seat in front of her, accidentally knocking Tsu on the back of her head. She waves excitedly at the dark-haired man before Bakugo manages to gently pull her back into her seat. 

   "Don't get hurt," he whispers before pulling out his headphones.

   Aizawa steals a quick glance over to the two, silently wondering if he should have just listened to his gut and assigned Maigo next to his seat after all. He shakes the thought from his head and continues addressing his class.

   "Is everyone ready for the summer camp?"

   "YEAH!!!!" Class 1-A thunders back.

   "This is gonna be the best summer vacation ever!!!" Mina exclaims.