Cat's Out Of The Bag

It took a lot of convincing, but it's finally happening. After an entire day of talking with concerned parents, Class 1-A is finally moving into the new dorms. Shota wakes up early, trying to quell the nerves that have been building for the last 24 hours.

   Last night he finally made the decision to tell his students about Maigo. It had taken some effort on the other teachers' parts to finally tell the students. Nezu had assured him that Maigo's safety would not be compromised if the students were made aware, but it was Hizashi that finally convinced Shota to tell them: "She's gonna be runnin' around the dorms anyway. Whether you tell 'em or not won't really matter."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   The students bustle into the dorm building. Excited whispers flit about the room. Shota clears his throat and waits for the noise to quiet down. For some reason, his throat seems drier than usual today.

   "Each student dormitory holds one class," he begins. "Girls are on the right, and boys are on the left. The entire first floor is a common area. That's where you'll find your kitchen, baths, and laundry rooms."

   He gives them a few minutes to look around and take in their surroundings.

   "There's even a courtyard!"

   "So spacious and new!"

   "I'm living in a mansion!" There's a dull thud, followed by a frantic "Uraraka!". Shota whips his head around just in time to watch Iida pick the girl up off the floor.

   A sleazy voice mutters "Doth my ears deceive me? Our baths are located in the common space? Is this heaven?"

   Shota can feel his bones ooze liquid cyanide. "They're separated by gender. And you'll behave yourself," he growls.

   Mineta gulps. "Yes sir."

   The day he can expel the creep is the only thing that keeps Shota going sometimes. For now he settles on wrangling his students onto the second floor so the tour can continue. Why are my knees so shaky?

   "Living quarters start on this floor. Four boys and four girls on each level." The students start milling about, inspecting the empty dorm rooms as Shota continues. "Everyone gets their own room. You should be comfortable, you've got your own AC, toilets, fridges, and closets." I need to calm my stomach.

   The rest of the tour passes by in a flurry of excited comments and chatter. Once everyone returns to the first floor, Shota goes over the room assignments. "The belongings you sent ahead have already been placed in your new rooms, so spend the day unpacking and getting settled. I'll tell you more about your next few lessons tomorrow."

   The group breaks off into separate conversations. Shota overhears snippets of plans for a dorm room contest, whether their belongings will all fit, or if some students want to do homework together.

   "There is one more announcement to make, if you could all quiet down for a minute," he begins.

   His students fall silent expectantly, all eyes on their teacher. Their undivided attention makes Shota uneasy. He clears his throat, suddenly feeling very hot under the soft overhead lighting. He crosses his arms over his chest and tucks his chin further into his capture weapon, hoping to avoid eye contact with anyone else in the room.

   "I am sure you have noticed by now that someone is missing from our class. As of last week, Maigo has been pulled from the hero course at UA High."

   Hushed whispers flit around the group. Eyes dart back and forth and heads duck as surprise settles in over the students.

   "I didn't even notice she wasn't here."