Nap Time

Have some softness!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a long day.

Not only did his students have their normal classes, but Vlad King had insisted that Classes 1-A and 1-B face off against each other after school in order to "test their prowess," or however the surly teacher wanted to call "compete against each other so Class 1-B can lose again" this time. At some point the man would have to accept that Shota's teaching methods were just more effective at getting results.

He plops himself down on the couch in the dorm's common room, tilting his head back as he stretches his spine. The tension his body amassed just from walking all day finally releases, and he lets out a sigh. He'll rest here, if only for a few minutes, before going back to his own room to start grading his students' homework.

A soft pitter-pattering is the only warning he gets before another figure lands on the couch next to him. Cracking one eye open reveals a wry grin and a bob of pink hair. He closes his eye again with a smirk. "Come on then."

The little girl slams her head onto Shota's lap. Lying on her back, she kicks her feet straight up into the air. She is beaming, shoving her hands into Shota's face so he can look at her now-chipped sparkly nails. Shota chuckles, taking her hands and angling them to face the afternoon sun.

"There," he says. "Now you can actually see them sparkle."

She giggles, tapping her fingers in the air as if playing an invisible piano. Maybe she'd like to learn.

There is a tap to Shota's bicep. When he looks down, Maigo is wearing a concerned expression on her face. She extends one arm, running the index finger of her other hand from her wrist to her shoulder. Then she places one forearm horizontal, parallel to her chest, while her other arm pivots at the elbow. The end result makes her arms go from a right angle to laying on top of each other. "Long day?"

"You could say that," Shota murmurs. "But we both still have stuff to do. I know you still have more quirk training today."

The small child sticks her tongue out at the pro hero. She curls her body onto her side and slips one arm under her head to act as a pillow. A huge yawn escapes her mouth as her eyes drift closed. Admitting defeat, if only for a moment, Shota rests one of his hands on her head as he feels himself drifting off.

Naptime should never be ignored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it's short.

This chapter was supposed to be a part of the next one, but it got kinda long so I separated them.