Stain's Aftermath

Shota still can't believe everything that's happened. The fact that three of his students -- one of them being the class representative -- decided it was a good idea to take on a notorious hero murderer with virtually no professional backup, is astounding. What's more astounding to him is that they all came out alive, and that the Hero Killer had lost.

   He sighs as he swings open the door to his apartment, trying for the third time to call Yamada on his cell phone. Hizashi had taken Maigo out on patrol a few hours ago, so they should be done by now... right? He sets his keys down on the kitchen table before striding into the bathroom to grab his spare bottle of eyedrops. He blinks the drops into his eyes and goes through yet another mental checklist, the dial tone of his phone buzzing slightly in his ear from its perch on the sink's edge.

   I've already called Nezu, All Might, and the kids' pro mentors. There's not much I can do for the time being, we'll just have to let the police handle it for now. He glances back to his phone, hearing Hizashi's cheery voicemail message float through the tinny receiver. Now if Yamada could actually PICK UP HIS PHONE for once so I can check on Maigo that'd be swell. Sometimes Shota feels he is the only rational thinker of all his friends. He reaches for the phone one more time, his fingers shaking slightly as he punches in the blond's number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Hizashi jumps slightly at the buzzing in his pocket. He skillfully works his fingers into his skintight leather pants while he perfectly balances a doughnut in the other. The caller ID causes him to curse slightly under his breath as his heart rate stops.

   Maigo looks up from the small bite she's worrying into the side of her own doughnut. Her eyes widen in a silent question as she sets the sticky circular pastry down on the wax paper bag. She brings her left hand up to her face, with her thumb touching the bottom of her chin, and her fingers wrapped into a gentle fist. Her index finger wiggles up and down a few times before resting slightly above the rest of her fingers. "Who?"

   "Your father," Hizashi answers ducking his head down and squirming out of the booth. Maigo cocks her head to the side, a confused look on her face. Hizashi pats her on the head before going to stand by the door. "Yeah?" he answers.

   "Yamada, I've been trying to get you for twenty minutes now," comes a curt voice from the other end of the receiver. "Why didn't you pick up?"

   "I keep my phone off during patrols," Hizashi answers. "Why, what's going on?"

   "Have you seen the news lately?" Shota asks.

   Hizashi leans slightly to the left to catch Maigo back to nibbling her doughnut. "No, can't really say that I have, Sho."

   He can practically feels Shota's eyeroll through the phone, coupled with his disgusted sigh. "At least tell me where you are."

   "We're at that 24/7 diner a few streets down from my apartment. I thought it might be a good idea to stop for a snack, we've been out for a while."

   "Good," Shota answers. There's a beat of silence before he continues. "There was an attack in Hosu tonight."

   "Sho, you know we're nowhere near Hosu, you don't have to-"

   "Iida, Todoroki, and Midoriya were at the heart of it."

   Hizashi falters. "Oh."

   "They were fighting the Hero Killer, Stain."

   This time, Hizashi almost falls onto the floor. "You're kidding."

   "No."

   "Are they all okay?" the blond asks frantically. "Please tell me we didn't lose any students tonight."

   "Minor scratches, a few burns, and broken arms all around. Other than that, all three are completely fine."

   Yamada sighs in relief. "That's good. Do they know where the Hero Killer went?"

   "He's in the hospital, they're not sure if he'll wake up anytime soon."

   "WHAT?!" Hizashi's quirk slips out, fracturing the glass window off to his right. The waitress behind the counter shoots him a look and he waves it off, mentally promising to pay for it before he leaves. "Shota, you cannot tell me that three first year students put the notorious Hero Killer in the hospital," he snaps, turning back to his phone conversation.

   "I'm not. The police reports are saying he suffered a fractured rib and a punctured lung, but that was caused by the fight."

   "Oh good lord, Sho," Hizashi mutters. "You could have led with that."

   "Can you just get Maigo back here?" Shota demands. "There were more of those monsters out tonight, I can't tell where they've gone or if they're going to come back."

   "Monsters? Like the one that attacked the USJ?" Hizashi asks.

   "Yeah."

   Hizashi shudders. Shota barely made it out with his life fighting off one of those things. Who knows what could happen now that there's more? The blond doesn't want to go through the fear losing his best friend again. "Are you back home?"

   "Yes," Shota answers. "The door's locked, but just knock, I'll be awake."

   "Okay, we'll catch a cab and be right over," Hizashi says before hanging up. He waves his arms to catch Maigo's attention back at the booth. Once she looks up, the blond gestures to the waitress at the counter, then at his wallet back on the table. The girl gives him a curt nod, her hair wiggling back and forth slightly, before standing up and carrying the grown man's wallet over to the waitress. Hizashi begins walking over there as well. As soon as he's reached the counter, he scoops up the small child and finishes the transaction.

   "Alright, Maigs," he sighs, pocketing his wallet and waving goodbye to the waitress. "Time to go home."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Hello! So, I have recently been made aware of some new developments in the BNHA storyline (I do not want to spoil the canon story for anyone). While it was not explicitly stated that Stain had died, I took an educated guess seeing as we had not heard of the villain after that arc (again, this was before season 5/6 came out). This educated guess was incorrect, and so I have updated this chapter to reflect that.

   Apologies for the previous inconsistencies!