Synopsis

As promised, this installment will only be a summary of what has happened in the last three chapters.

   One night, after putting Maigo to bed, Shota gets a call. It is from the police station. They tell him the woman Maigo had been with two years ago has died from a drug overdose. She would be getting a small service the next day, and Shota is encouraged to take Maigo to it so she can have some closure. Shota immediately calls Hizashi and tells him what's going on. Hizashi goes over to Shota's ready to help him prepare Maigo for the service the next morning.

   The next morning, Shota wakes Maigo up and tells her that they are going to see her mother. He does not have the heart to tell the girl what has happened, and thus Maigo is excited that she is finally going back to the woman she has lived her entire life with. When Maigo sees the casket (which she calls "the box") in the church, she finally realizes what's going on, and can't take it. She runs out of the church and hides in the car, unable to fully understand what is going on.

   A few days later, Shota, Hizashi, and Midnight are sitting in Shota's living room while Maigo is in the bedroom. Midnight and Hizashi tell Shota that he needs to talk with Maigo and help her deal with what has happened. They become even more adamant when Shota tells them that Maigo hasn't cried. Shota finally gives in and begins to talk with Maigo. Instead of a peaceful conversation, Maigo uses her quirk to show Shota her memories of life with the woman, who the bad man was, her trip to the hospital, and her experience in an orphanage. Throughout her life, Maigo has been abused, both physically and verbally. She has never found a place where she was welcomed or tolerated. Eventually, she escapes the orphanage and ends up living on the streets by herself. Shota promises her that this time will be different, and that he will not abandon her like everyone else has. Maigo begins to cry, something she hasn't done in about two years. She finally realizes that she wasn't meant to be with the woman, and accepts her life with Shota.

   And that's the story up to this point. As I said before, this is not where it ends. I do have a happy ending planned for Maigo. However, I am in the last three weeks of this semester of college, and will need to dedicate more time to my studies as finals week approaches. I promise to update as soon as I can, so please don't be discouraged!

   And lastly, if you or someone you know is dealing with any type of abuse, please get help. There are so many hotlines you can call, and there is always someone you can count on. You are stronger than you think.

Hotlines:

Crisis Text Line: text CONNECT to 741741

Drug Abuse Hotline: 1-877-751-3508

Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453

(I am not sure if these can help, but I do encourage you to reach out of you or someone you know is dealing with any type of abuse, not just the ones listed here.)