Part Sixteen

Mari: ONLY ONE WEEK TO HALLOWEEN!!!

Ray: What are you going to be?

Mari: A SKELETON! DIA DE LOS MUERTOS STYLE!!

Ray: ME TOO!

Mari: YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!

Someone was crying. After a second, she realized it was her. Somebody was holding her. Her eyes were closed and it took her a second to open them. She saw a black and white shirt that was covered in blood, her blood. She looked around. She was in the same place where she had been a second ago. A bunch of people loaded the girl Sasha on a stretcher and wheeled her off. Maka was talking to the girl's weapons, who were nodding and saying something Mari couldn't hear. Stein was talking to Azusa and everyone else was a blur. She looked up at the person who was holding her and saw Kidd. His eyes were distant and she could tell he was having a hard time with all the blood on his clothes.

"Kidd." She whispered. She clutched his shirt.

He shook his head, looking down at her, a little surprised to hear her say something after her days of silence. "Mari..." He said.

She was shaking, tears still flowing down her cheeks. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled herself up near his ear. "I hurt her..." She said.

Kidd moved uncomfortably. "We know. You were beating her up when we got here. We could barley get you off her. She has a broken nose and you broke some of her teeth a knee cap."

Mari's face was blank. She smiled. "She deserved it." Her voice wasn't normal.

"What-" Kidd said.

Mari dug her fingers into Kidd's neck, her eyes staring off into the distance. "She hurt me, so I hurt her." Mari could feel Kidd's blood trickle onto her fingertips.

"Mari..." He said. He flinched as she clutched him harder. "You're hurting me."

She gasped and fell away from him. He put a hand to his neck and held it there, calling, "Stein!"

The Prophesier walked over and looked at Mari. "Madness-" he stopped himself and clicked his screw. He bent down in front of Mari and looked her straight in the eye. "It was Medusa, wasn't it."

Mari shook her head. "I'm not crazy..."

"What did she do to make your mind snap?" He continued.

She put her hands over her ears. "I'm not crazy..." She said, louder.

"Needles?" Stein asked.

Mari stopped moving for a second, then lashed out at Stein. "I'm not crazy!" She screamed as he dodged her fingers. He grabbed her wrists and started dragging her to the DWMA. Other students stared as Stein dragged her down the halls.

"Mari?" Someone asked. Mari looked over, her vision red. She saw little Amme looking questioningly at her. "What-?" She asked.

Mari started laughing again. "Amme," Stein said. Amme jogged to keep up with Stein. "Mari isn't stable. I don't think it would be safe for you two to be partners anymore."

Amme stopped. "What!"

Mari was crying and laughing at the same time again. "Little brat! I didn't want to be partners with you anyway!" She laughed maniacally as Amme stopped and looked hurt.

"Mari..." She said. Tears formed in her eyes.

Stein dragged Mari off, students parting so they could give Mari's flailing limbs a wide birth.

Stein threw Mari into a white room that had no one in it. The door slammed and Mari fell to her knees, still chuckling. She was still bleeding, she noticed. "Oh." She said.

She started drawing the same words over and over on the wall with red, not realizing what she was writing. She was getting light headed and her eyes hurt. "Ouch." She said as her temples pounded. She fell to the ground and her eyelids fluttered. She saw the words she had written right before she passed out.

"Help me." Was written at least a thousand times over the white walls. She passed out a moment later.