CH. 46 She wants to do what?

(Chris POV)

It was when we started eating Dessert that Kassie told me about what she thinks they should do that would bring the psychopath out.

"Kassie we spoke about this," I said, but she raised her hand.

"You'll be with me, we'll also have the others there with us plus other FBI agents in the unit would be around. I just want to see who reacts differently. We are going to catch him, Chris. I can feel it." Kassie said.

I looked at her and let out a sigh.

"Okay, and have you decided what to do when you get to the FBI and they asked you who it is?" I asked her, curious if she thought about that part.

"Well." She started saying but didn't say anything else.

"Oh, Kassie," I said, not wanting to laugh but a chuckle came out.

"What?" She asked with a sour puss look on her face.

"We'll just remain quiet until we meet the director." She said.

"That would put tension on the agents and will help us figure out who it is before you ask. I already know it's not the director of the FBI." Kassie said.

"Okay, we can go with your plan. The reason I am agreeing to go with your plan is that I know that you're going to go through with it anyway." I said, which was true.

"Smart answer," Kassie said.

"I mean it, Kassie, this plan is going to go through with me in it okay?" I said to her.

"Okay. Chris." She said.

I let out a sigh.

"I just care about you, I don't want you to think of me as annoying. This is just how it feels when someone cares about you and is overprotective." I said.

Her eyes widened.

"I know Chris, I especially know how it felt today when you told me that you were being tailed." She said.

There was an understanding look on her face and I was glad that she finally understood where I was coming from.

"You know, it didn't even sound like you were worried either." She said.

I nodded my head.

"Well, when it comes to me. I'm not really worried, it just worries me when it comes to you that is." I said, being honest with my words.

She raised a brow to that.

"Why aren't you worried about that?" She asked me.

"Well, it's cause I know when push comes to shove, I'll be able to protect myself," I told her, looking at her.

"I'll be able to protect myself also." She said, and I nodded my head, not doubting that she would be able to protect herself but she had no idea about the psychopath strength.

"I know you can, but you don't know what this cruel person is capable of, especially when it comes to you. Think about it Kassie, you're the only one who he is unable to get. He's played games like this before with Melanie and Tiara but he was able to sadly get them at the end, but with you, he's unable to do that and of course, it's going to tick him off. You have no idea how long he's been playing this game with you." I said the whole thought disgusted me.

How long was he watching her?

Even I was intrigued by her, from a long time ago, I couldn't imagine how that freak must have felt for her and I didn't want to.