CH. 24 Show no fear

CH. 24 Show no fear

(Kassie POV)

I still had Tiara in my arms, as much as I wanted to freak right now.

I didn't, I didn't freak out at all because truthfully this situation didn't need multiple people freaking out the same time.

So, I stared at Chris. To look at his reaction, wondering what he was thinking. I don't know why, but just knowing that Chris was here in the same room as I was actually comforting.

Melanie got up and came towards me and her sister.

"Tiara, They will figure it out. Please don't let yourself get to rattle up okay. They will figure it out." Melanie said in a gentle voice. I actually even wanted to believe her, but part of me was still wondering when this monster was going to strike.

I mean, he's got all 3 of us here. So when was he going to strike? I wanted to voice the question that was running through my mind.

Of course, this wasn't the time too.

I wish this could be handled and everything would settle down, knowing that there were more women out there, women that he has locked up. This was something that needed to be dealt with.

Melanie stared at me, Tiara was calming down. The way Melanie spoke to her calmed her down but the look Melanie and I shared showed that none of us were actually calmed.

"How could have this happened." Dalton Melanie husband said. All of us looked at him, he was running his fingers through his hair roughly. He truly looks like he was not handling this well, I mean. I don't think anyone in this situation would.

I saw the concern that flash through Melanie face eyes although she doesn't remember anything. There is proof that she does love this man right here.

I looked at Chris, he was deep in thoughts. I don't know he was thinking and I was going to try to see if I could but a part of me holding myself back. Thinking that maybe Chris should be left with his thoughts for now.

"No one would actually think that I mean the first thing that would run through your mind is that that they're okay now and he can't hurt them. You wouldn't think that he would mark the victims." I said as I turned to look at the Captain.

"There was no way anyone could have known of this, no one would assume that at all. It' just shows how serious this monster is, how serious and sick he is about us." I said and Tiara moved out of my arms and shook her head.

"Look, this fucker has a tracking device on us. Which means, he doesn't plan on letting us go. Which proves that he knows where we are all the time and he is able to follow us. You know why he put a tracking device on us. In case we leave or no longer in his possession. He can find us and bring us back. He's going to come after us, he's going to try to bring us back. So, Captain, I hope you have agents that are going to protect us extremely well because I for sure am not going back there." Tiara said with a hard look on her face.

"You have no idea what we've gone through, you don't want more people going through what we've gone through," Tiara said rubbing her arms.

A shiver ran through my back, I can't imagine what they have gone through. I have not come close to what they have gone through. The way he's already made me feel already has me scared shitless, I can't imagine how it would if he actually took me.

I shook my head not letting my mind go towards those thoughts.

I wouldn't let him take me, Chris told me that wouldn't happen and I have to believe in him.