CH. 35 Getting Answers

CH. 35 Getting answers.

(Chris POV)

I was in the Kitchen, making dinner but I could see from where I stood what Kassie was doing on the table.

She had a look of determination on her face as she was writing things down on her board.

I grabbed my phone sending a text message to my brothers.

I was worried, I was worried about lots of things.

The sicko that is doing this to them wasn't a stupid person.

As much as I hated to admit it, but he was a clever evil being.

Which means, he makes clever evil plans.

He most likely covered his tracks extremely well.

Not only that, but this fucker felt extremely confident. Confident enough not to feel worried about getting caught.

Which bothered me, because what if he doesn't get caught.

I shook my head as I took out the pot and pans, I should not let those thoughts get to me.

But me being a person that is all about protecting others. I couldn't stand this happening at all.

My phone dinged letting me know that I got a text on my phone.

I stared at the screen and saw some of my brothers responded to my text message in the group chat.

I texted back, letting them know I needed their help.

All my brothers and I had our own story, each one of us. Just like Kassie and her sisters did.

I swear if it wasn't for my parents who took us in, loved us, raised us not fearing any of our abilities.

I don't know where any of us would be right now.

The thought of that brought a shiver down my back.

I shooked my head and decided to focus on cooking. Trying to take my mind off what's going on and failing at it.

He's not one of the officers, I know that.

This person had the High Top Secret Clearance.

A Top Secret Clearance was given to people that have a "Need to know" of national security information. Most of those type of people were part of the FBI, CIA or Homeland security since there was no one in our department assigned to the FBI task force, that meant that the sicko was definitely in the FBI.

Was the FBI on to him?

They were in the hospital when we were leaving.

I kept getting text messages from my brothers in the group chat all offering to help.

I smiled knowing that my family was everything to me.

"Hey," Kassie said coming into the kitchen with her board.

"Hey, dinner is almost ready," I said, Kassie nodded her head but she looked like she had something to tell me.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"He was also part of the old case, he is definitely part of the FBI but he was also working on the old case with the FBI, you know the one with Melanie, Tiara and the other girls," Kassie said, my eyes widened.

"Okay, that sounds like it could be right. How did you figure that out?" I asked her, she places her board on the counter and spoke.

"By replaying the conversation in my head that I had with him. Even though he didn't speak until the end, I read his body language, putting things together. He had to be apart of the case, think about it. While he kept the girls captive, he had the inside on the case. He was apart of that case and made sure to clean anything that he could leave behind. He is able to hide anything and make sure nothing is found so that means he's in a position where he's able to look things over." Kassie said, causing my eyes to widen even more.