Chapter 48

Elijah's P.O.V

Her eyes begin to flutter open and I sigh in relief. It felt great to see her with her eyes open for a minute I thought we would lose her. She looks down at her stomach and is shocked to see her huge bump not there.
"Where are they?" Samantha asks, her question is answered by the nurse walking in with them.
Her eyes lit up and she sits up straight.
"Here are you're healthy twins. There is nothing wrong but please do get some rest as it's been a long day." The nurse begins, "I'll leave you all and if everything I'm just a buzzer away."

"Thank you." Samantha says, the nurse walks out the room and Samantha stands up straight.
"What are you doing?" Valentina says.
"What do you mean what am I doing?" Samantha responds.
"You should be resting." Valentina says.
"I'm fine. I'm back to my old self sadly." She responds. I follow her as she begins to pick up one of the twins. I pick up the girl.

I look into my daughters eyes and see nothing but innocence. Children are truly a blessing. I place my finger in her hand and her warm fingers wrap around it like it was wrapping my heart. Nothing in this life have I longed for more than children and now I have them. I felt like crying tears of joy because this is the first time that something is truly mine. Something that Klaus won't try to steal.

I want to protect them. I want to protect them from the darkness so that they don't end up broken and bitter like Klaus. Children are the reflection of their parents and the only reflection of me that I want them to have is my features not personality. I want them to stay this way. Pure and innocence.

"Thank you." I say.
Samantha looks up at me.
"For what?" She begins.
"For carrying them and bringing them in this world." I say.
"They're precious." She says.
"They truly are." I say.
"Do you want to hold him?" Samantha says and we swap twins.

I look at him and see myself. I see a potential to being something great, and that's what I long for. He'll never be like the man I am. He will be the man I've always wanted to be before vampirism took every bit of humanity I had.

I'll treat my children better than Mikael has. I won't force them to be something they're not. I won't force them to challenge me into matches because I don't believe in that upbringing. The twins being mine brings me nothing but warmth to my heart. Its as if when I look at them my humanity comes surging through my veins. They can't even talk yet but they're giving me motivation to be the better me there is so far. Before I would find moments like this quite doll but since they're mine it's different. Different in a much better way.

"What do you think about when you look at him?" Kol says disturbing me.
"A lot of things." I say.
"You better raise them right, we don't need mini Klaus'."Kol jokes.
"God forbid they end up like him. They won't because he won't be around much to be an influence anyways." Samantha says while cooing our daughter.

No ones P.O.V

Samantha felt like her old self again. The weakness that she once displayed was overcome with the powerful elements in her bloodline. She felt invincible, unstoppable. Most importantly, she couldn't wait to put her revenge plan in action.

"What are we going to name them?" Elijah asks.
"I don't know what I'll name her but I'll know what I'll name him." She replies.
"What are you naming him?" He asks.
"After my father." Samantha says, Elijah nods in agreement.
"Can I name her?" He asks.
"Ok," Samantha begins, "what do you want to name her, I'm guessing you have a name."
"You'll see it when it comes to the birth certificate." Elijah says.

It was finally time for them to go home. Before they went home, they had to go get the birth certificate them.
"What is the name of the girl?" The medial officer asks.
"Olivia Louise Mikaelson." Elijah says. Samantha turns around in shock.
"Alison- Mikaelosn." Samantha intervenes.
The medical officer nods and soon later asks for the name of the boy.
"His names is Nathaniel Alexander Alison ... Mikaelson." Samantha says.

She felt her blood boiling as she said that name. They finally came back home and put everything down.
"So what did you name them?" Valentina asks excitedly.
"Meet Olivia Louise and Nathaniel Alexander Alison Mikaelson. " Samantha beams. Elijah went back to put the babies down in their coats and watched them fall asleep.

He was in awe of them.
"I can't believe your mine, always remember that father loves you very much, I'll always be there for you. " Elijah says to them. Elijah stood still in the corner of the room continuing to stare at them like a hawk.
"Seems like someone is daddy material which is honestly very shocking." Samantha says interrupting him.
"And why is that shocking Samantha." Elijah says, pursing his lips together.
"I don't know, a lot of factors like how you used to treat Marcel." She says.

Elijah puts his head down, disappointed in himself.
"Well back there it was different." He says .
"Don't use time as an excuse Elijah." She replies.
"I'm not really but.." He begins and walks over next to their cots.
"They're different." He continues.
"Different because there yours." She says.
"They have my blood in there." He says.

Samantha just folds over her arms.
"Elijah," she begins and his head snaps towards her. Their eyes where on the same level. Samantha's pupil began to shrink and grow in size.
"You will remember nothing. You won't remember that you have kids and you won't remember that you saw me here. Tell Klaus that he was just paranoid. The only time you can remember is when you see me. Now leave." Samantha says.

"I will remember nothing and only remember when I see you. I will now leave." Elijah repeats, he grabs his coat and begins to blink uncontrollably until he was out of the house.