Chapter 3

Elijah's P.O.V

We reassured Hayley to stay well it's really clear that the witches are not giving up yet. "You've got till sunrise to make sure Klaus changes his mind if not than we'll kill her." Agnes the witch says.
"My brother doesn't like being told what to do so if he doesn't live up to your expectations he will kill you. And I'll help him." I say while walking away leaving the witches bewildered by my statement. As Hayley is carrying my brothers child it's my duty to protect her and Klaus will change his mind whether he likes it or not.

With Marcel's army full of savage vampires. He really wants to be indestructible. Before I was lured here, I was at Mystic Falls dealing with the doppelgänger situation. That town was just filled with problems. Kol and Rebekah have gone away and I'm still here. In a city that Marcel runs. A city that I used to call home before my father coming and that's what caused us to run. To run like cowards as he always had said. If only we had loving parents we wouldn't be like this. We have stuck by our vow for so long. Always and forever is a vow that can never be broken.

Samantha's P.O.V

It breaks my heart that Elijah would kill anybody to keep his brothers baby safe, yet he wouldn't kill anyone to try to find me. I don't know why it breaks my heart since I chose to leave. Like a gps tracker he'll always find me. I want to live a good life and the past centuries wasn't what I would call living a good life. Every time I felt the Mikaelsons getting closer I had to leave and compel people to forget about me.

I walk out in the street of New Orleans and bump into Marcel. Another person I unexpectedly bump into. Marcel is a great friend of mine so I could really use his company.
"What's up Sam?" He says with that famous smile.
"Don't what's up Sam me." I say.
"What did I do." He says with his hands up.
"You told the Mikaelsons where I lived." I say.
"In my defence they were pretty persistent." He says.
"Were they?" I say and he nods.
"The question I was going to ask you was, how do you know the Mikaelsons?" He says.
"Its long." I say.

In my defence our history is very long.
"Come on you can tell me?" He says.
"Elijah is my husband." I say. He looks shocked and begins to laugh. I give him back a serious face.
"I'm sorry." He says and begins to laugh. Does he think this funny?
"Do I amuse you?" I say.
"No, it's just that your telling me savage original vampire Elijah is married." He says.
"I knew you wouldn't understand." I say with a sigh. This is the secret no one knew about me. I didn't want them to know for a reason.

I continue to walk slowly to just think about my plans in the future.
"Wait, your dead serious." Marcel says. I nod at him. "How did you and Elijah get together." Marcel says.
"It was an arranged marriage. After we got married I got turned into a vampire and just couldn't keep up with their lifestyle so I ran." I say.
"They found you. Are you planning to leave again." Marcel says.
"I don't know Marcel. I don't know. Since they found me Elijah had asked me to do him a favour and in return we would get a divorce."

Telling Marcel felt so right and relieving.
"If you want to talk to me about anything I'm here." He says. I nod at him and continue walking. I felt an odd feeling that someone was following me, I turned around and saw no one. I continue walking and reach the bar. The same feeling that someone was following me continued. Maybe it's just my paranoia. I grab a shot of vodka to hopefully erase the feeling. Yet that feeling just won't go and in not here to make myself drunk. It's been a really long day. I walk out of the bar and began to walk then heard footsteps behind me. I turn around and someone snaps my neck.

I wake up groaning. Where am I? I look around to find out. Yet I can't seem to see anyone in here. I get up and aimed for the door. "You're leaving that fast." A familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Klaus sitting down drinking a glass of scotch.
"We.. well I led you to safety." Elijah said.
"So you just had to snap my neck." I say in a clearly pissed off voice at Klaus.
"Actually Elijah did that?" He says.
I look at him with my face so angry. Snapping my neck is a dick move.

"I was keeping you safe." He says as his defence.
"Safe from who?" I say which was supposed to be a rhetorical questions.
"Safe from the witches." Elijah says.
"Elijah I can look after myself I'm part witch remember." I say and aim to walk out.
"As you're part witch would a part witch know that you are trapped in here with us in a barrier spell." He says. I look at him confused. At least I can get my self out of here.

"So let me get this right you snapped my neck to keep me safe and placed me in a house where I can't leave." I say. Elijah nods.
"Is there another room where I can just be by myself." I say.
"Since Hayley has-" Elijah begins then I cut him off by saying, "Hayley is here?" I say.
"That was my same reaction ." Klaus says, "Since my brother would do anything to protect his child that claims to be mine. He's proven to be a weakness. There's only one weakness that's bringing me down." Klaus says while walking to Elijah.
"Who's that weakness?" Elijah asks not minding the fact that Klaus is right behind him.
"You." Klaus says and daggers Elijah my eyes widen.

I walk over to pull out the dagger but Klaus holds me back.
"Go near him and you'll be in his position except for eternity." He says.
"I've heard that before." I say and hold my hand out causing him to groan in pain.