Chapter 46

The journey to the hospital was going to be very bumpy due to the road bumps.
"How many more bumps is there?" Samantha groans in frustration. This was going to be a long journey. They wasn't able to be driving so fast considering the fact that there are other drivers on the road. Samantha's breathing became heavy and irregular. She was trying to reduce the pain by breathing in through her nose and out of her mouth. She continued to do it for 5 mins before giving up because the sharp shooting pain was not reducing but instead getting worse.

"How far apart are your contractions." Valentina says.
"I don't know I've lost count." Samantha says. Sweat was dripping from her forehead, this pain is nothing that she has felt before.
"When the next one comes, count the minutes we don't want to be looking like mugs in front of the Doctor." Valentina says.
"Ok." Samantha agreed. It wasn't long until another pain came. She began to count the minutes, her contractions came every 15-20 minutes. Samatha began to slouch forwards.
"What do you think you are you doing?" Elijah asks.
"I have a backache okay. Let me be Elijah." Samantha says.

Elijah doesn't bother saying anything back knowing it would make her worse.
Samantha groaned again in pain, gripping the seat in front of her.
"YOU KNOW ELIJAH! IF YOU DIDNT COME, I COULD'VE BEEN AT HOME, PAIN FREE BUT NAHHH, INSTEAD IM HERE IN THE MOST PAIN WHEN I COULDVE WAITED AND HAD A SMOOTH LABOUR." Samantha shouts.
"Ignore her," Valentina begins, "it's just the hormones talking mixed with the pain."
"Is this common." Elijah says.
"What have you witnessed labour before, this is 100% common." She says.
"Are we there yet." Samantha says, wiping off the sweat from her forehead.

Elijah's P.O.V

What if? What if I stayed with her? I left her, not knowing that she was carrying my child. My children, to be precise. I don't how to think or feel. I'm just overwhelmed. I came here to see someone else. I expected to see someone else. Maybe Kol knew where Rebekah was and came to check on her. My own brother knew about it. My own blood and he didn't say one word. Not even word. Now I am here, not knowing what to think or feel. Because leaving was my fault, if I had stayed things would've been different.

I've always wanted to be a father and she knew. She knew I always wanted to be a father and she didn't even bother telling me. It doesn't matter because we're here now. At least, I've made it to the birth. At least, I made it to see my children being brought out to the world. It's obvious that my presence is unusual here but at this point I don't even care. I just want to meet my children. Mine. Gosh, it feels so weird saying it mine. My children. This day started off unusual but it's turning to the best.

It wasn't long until we made it to the hospital. I carried Samantha out of the car and into the hospital.
"We need a Doctor!" Samantha shouts.
"She's in labour." I say. The nurses and doctors soon get out a wheel chair and wheel Samantha into a room.
"Do you know how far apart your contractions are madam?" The doctor asks.
"Every 15 to 20 minutes." I tell the doctor. We make it a room and Samantha is seated on the hospital bed.

"Right, a midwife should be visiting you soon, to check how many cm you are dilated." The doctor says before heading out.
"How are you feeling right now?" Her friend asks.
"Like shit." She replies calmly.
"Try doing some breathing techniques and some exercises to get these babies out today. There's a yoga ball there, bounce on it." She says.
"Let's just wait for the midwife to get here." Samantha says.

Samantha's P.O.V

This labour wouldn't last long due to me being immortal. My contractions can change rapidly compared to women who are human. But I'm not ready to give birth yet. Elijah is here, making me feel nervous. It's like all the feelings of love that I have for him is coming back as soon as I look at him. But no, there's no way in hell that I will be falling for him. He doesn't know yet for what I have in store for him and if he thinks that all is forgiven because he is the father of my children. He is mistaken.

No ones P.O.V

Her contractions were now 3-4 minutes apart. She was right. This birth would be rapid.
"Get someone here fast!" Kol says.
"I'll go get someone." Valentina responds before leaving the room. A doctor came in straight after.
"Where was the midwife that you was supposed to bring." Elijah says.
"The contraction were really far apart so she could've been 3-4 cm dilated. Normally we tell patients to go home. But since, the contractions are not far apart. These babies will be with you soon." The doctor explains.

The doctor gets the gloves and goes to check on Samantha.
"I can see the babies head, Samantha get ready to push once we've reached the delivery room." The doctor begins, "only two people can be with her in the delivery room."
A silence fell upon the room.
"I'm the best friend so I'm definitely going." Valentina says.
"I'm going." Elijah finally speaks. Samantha's eyes widen at his words.
"Really?" She says.

"Of course, I am the father and I wouldn't miss out on the birth of my children." Elijah says. 2 more midwives come to push Samantha's bed into the delivery room.
"The babies are coming now so we don't have enough time to give you an epidural. It seems to me that you are going to have a natural birth. But there will be gas and air in case you would like it." The doctor says.

Kol sat in the waiting room, waiting to see his nephew and niece. Out of random, a phone kept ringing. It was Elijah's.
"Klaus." Kol mutters.
"Elijah you better answer this and tell me if you've found out what our brother has been up to." Klaus says through voicemail.

It didn't take long for Kol to realise that his siblings didn't trust him even after everything he has done for them.
"Alright, 2 can play this game." Kol says. Kol
picks up the phone and being a to text to Klaus.

Me: sorry I can't speak to you right now, there is too much vampires around. Kol has just been visiting an old friend from Mystic Falls. You were just being paranoid.

Klaus: alright. I admit that I have been paranoid, just get back here already.