Chapter 39

"I guess I ought to prove you wrong."
She mutters a spell and her eyes roll back. The grey veins were travelling up Klaus' body quicker. The wind was making it hard for the rest of the Mikaelsons to see. For the first time, Elijah felt vulnerable and felt like he couldn't help his brother with this. The greyness was now reaching his head, if it passes the eyes, a second later he would be dead. Klaus being dead will give Esther enough power to become almost unstoppable. Marcel knew what he had to do. The thing is, he really wanted Klaus to have near death experience.

Marcel glared at Klaus' lifeless body. His nose was now grey.
"Any second now," Esther says, "Let me make it a mili second." She raised up her hand and Marcel run towards her, his teeth sunk into her neck.
"AGHHHHHH!! Get off me." Esther screamed, even her magic couldn't save her. She tried to make her blood toxic but Marcel was already inevitable. The fire died down, the Mikaelsons are free. Marcel spat out the blood and looked at the Mikaelsons with his bold vampire eyes, bearing his fans. Elijah knew there was something different with him but he couldn't figure out what.

Elijah quickly rushed over to Klaus and grabbed the stake out. The grey disappeared quicker then it came. Esther grabbed her throat, her hand being painted with blood. She took deep gasps of air. Her throat gulping, she knew this feeling too well. Klaus stood up and stormed over to her.
"Well the tables have turned Mother." Klaus says.
"Don...don't.( gasps) tru...st(gasps) Marc...e..l." She says. Klaus chuckles. "That's funny that you talk about trust mother." He chuckles again then his face turns stern. "Cause I don't trust you." Klaus punches his hand into Esthers chest leaving her eyes to widen and pulls out her heart.

"I trust you'll have a horrible time in the other side." He says, dropping her heart onto the floor then stopping on it.
"That's enough Niklaus." Elijah says breathing heavily.
"I guess we owe you one Marcel." Kol says.
"We don't owe him anything." Klaus says.
"I guess you're still burning that I was the main person who killed your mum, you didn't get to have any fun." Marcel says.
"It shouldn't be something that we should be boasting about. But you know how I like to kill." Klaus says chuckling.

And after one second, Klaus was ecstatic at Marcel. Deep down he knew, if it wasn't for Marcels help, their mother would still be here and he would be dead.
"Come here." Klaus says and their arms wrapped around each other, smacking each other at the back. Kol looked at them with jealousy.
"I guess we should throw a party, to celebrate the end of Esther." Klaus says.
"I'll give you the honours." Marcel says. They smiled at each other. It's been a long time since they have smiled at each other.

Klaus knew he needs Marcel, and Marcel means a lot to him.
"Just like that." Kol says.
"Just like what?" Klaus says.
"One minute you're chocking each other's throats and now you're all of a sudden best buddies, like nothing happened." Kol says.
"Well Kol, if you had a best buddy, you would know that arguing means that you have a healthy friendship." Klaus says.
"Healthy friendship my backside." Kol says.
"Kol, don't tell me you're jealous." Klaus says chuckling, putting his arm around Marcels neck.
"I'm not jealous, I'm just saying." Kol says, while sighing.

"I think you're jealous that we spend far too much time with Marcel than you even though you are our brother. If you feel like that Kol, just say." Klaus says.
"Just forget it." Kol says walking away.
"Where are you going!" Klaus shouts.
"To get Hayley, it seems that we have forgotten about her." Kol says and walks off into the woods.

"There's something dodgy about him." Marcel says.
"It's Kol, there's always something dodgy about him." Klaus says.
"Considering the circumstances, how can there be not something dodgy about him." Elijah says, placing his hand on his chin.
"I feel like he's hiding something, something important." Marcel says, squinting his eyes.

There was something he was hiding, he knew where Rebekah was. He was the one that gave Marcels witch the idea of whose body Rebekah should be in. He knew that right now, Rebekah would be somewhat suffering and he knew that his brothers would punish him. That's why he was planning to flee to Samantha's once she had given birth. He knew his safety would be guaranteed at Samantha's because she has the power to deal with his brothers. He couldn't trust Marcel because he would always back his brothers.

That's why Kol had a far more dangerous plan. His plan is to bring back Mikael and he knew he can do that through one witch. Davina. The Mikaelsons haven't yet heard about her yet and that's why it was his advantage. Even Marcel doesn't know, that he knows about her.

He treads lightly towards the car and knocks on the window. Hayley puts the window down.
"What's happening?" She asks.
"You mean what happened." Kol says.
"Same thing." Hayley replies.
"Well, Rebekah is another body, Klaus almost died but the one person who actually died was Esther." Kol says. Hayley smiles like it was the greatest news ever.
"So we're safe." She says.
"Yes, you should probably go back to the compound." Kol says. She nods and comes out of the car, walking towards the house.

"Where will you be going." She asks.
"I've got something to do and a place to be." Kol says. She nods and walks away. Kol
quickly makes his way to a location. A spikey gate with creepy doll stuck on top. He took a deep breath.
"Oh sister, you are going to have a very hard time in here, if only you didn't tell our brothers then you would not be in here."
He could see her through the window, she looked confused, panicking. Her eyes widened when she saw him outside the window.

She did a smile of relief. She opened the window and began to shout.
"Kol! Kol! Get me out of here!" Kol stood there still, looked at her one more time before vanishing.