Chapter 47

No one's P.O.V

Sweat dripped down Samantha's forehead, she was burning up. The realisation of her giving birth today still wasn't hitting her. it felt like a nightmare for her. This couldn't be possible? She had a million thoughts going through her head. Turning over to her right, stood her best friend - Valentina. Her friend looked calm and excited, Samantha at this moment was craving for those emotions. She didn't want to feel this pain. The pain was something that she has never felt before. It felt like an eternity. An eternity would go by and she still won't have these babies out of her.

Samantha threw her head back at the pillow behind her. Her teeth glues together, she scrunched up the sheets with her hands, trying to get relief from this pain.
"Squeeze my hand instead." Elijah snaps her out of her thoughts. Samantha relentlessly places her hand on top of Elijahs.
"Are you comfortable?"The doctor says.
"Let's just get this over and done with." Samantha breathes. Her chest was rising up then down rapidly. She shuts her eyes allowing herself to breath.
"When I count to 3, I want you to push ok?" the doctor begins, "1...2.....3"

Samantha grips Elijahs hand so tight that he felt his bones breaking.
"AGGGGGHHHHHH." Samantha screams. Valentina places her hand on her head groaning in pain. These screams from Samantha affects immortals differently. For them, it's a high pitched sound, giving them a migraine. Valentina composes herself and gets up. Samantha breathes rapidly again. The breathing method wasn't working for her and she was getting frustrated. Cabinets starts to fall down from all directions. Valentina's eyes widening in shock.
"Are you doing this?" Valentina whispers.
Samantha was smothered in sweat. "I...think so." She whispers.
"Push again, let's have baby number 1 out." The doctor reassures.

Her grip on Elijahs hand gets tighter. Her whole body felt like it was being stabbed by a million pins. As she was pushing, she felt herself tearing slowly.
"One more push. Make this push a big one." The doctor reassures. She gulps grabs the gas and air and Elijahs hand.
"you can do this, you know you can." Elijah reassures.
"AAAAAÀAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." Samantha screams, windows form cracks, the ceiling was shaking and what soon  followed was the cry of her child.
"Congratulations you're baby boy is here." The doctor beams. She still had one left to give birth to.

The doctor handled the baby to the nurse to be examined.
"Baby A, 3.45pm." the nurse states.
"He's beautiful." Valentina beams.
"You did so well Samantha, one more time." The doctor says.
Samantha got herself ready but at the moment also, she felt her strength was being zapped from her. Elijah mends his hand before giving it back to Samantha.
"You can do this Samantha, you're strong." Elijah reassures.
Samantha grips his hand and pushes again, the overwhelming sensation rushed through her again. Only this time, she felt weaker. When she pushed, her eyes were beginning to close down slowly.

Her temperature was getting higher. "Samantha!" Elijah shouts in attempt for her to regain her consciousness.

Blackness surrounded her. She woke up and found herself standing at the porch of her fathers house. It brought back so much memories. There at the back of the house stood, a figure.
"Samantha Alison." A voice begins. Samantha herself drawn to the figure walking towards it. As she was walking to it, the features were becoming clearer.
"Father!" She shouts, tears coming down her eyes. She wraps around him, holding him tightly not wanting to let go.
"Is this really?" Samantha begins, "Wait...Am I dead?"
"No, not yet. If you were, your mother would be here." He says, they make their way to the bench that was at the porch.

"why am I here?" Samantha asks.
"You're here because you feel like giving up." Her father speaks.

Meanwhile...

"What's happening!" Elijah shouts.
"I don't know yet but it seems that she's becoming unconscious, we need to get the baby out before anymore complications occur." The doctor says
"Her pulse is getting weaker." The nurse says.
"It seems that we need to do a cesarean quick." The doctor grabs his walkie talkie and starts to shout out codes. It isn't long until there is a bombardment of doctors.
Elijah kneels next to Samantha.
"Samantha wake up, I'm sorry ok, I'm sorry got everything that I have done, if you want to get me back this isn't the right way. They're going to need you. Don't give up." Elijah begs.

"Samantha, how did I raise you." He says.
"To be resilient." She says.
"HOW DID I RAISE YOU." He bellows.
"TO BE RESILIENT." Samantha shouts back.
"And what does that mean?" He says, standing up from the bench.
"That I'm not a quitter." She replies.
"AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!" He shouts again.
"THAT I'M NOT A QUITTER." Samantha shouts back.

"So why do you feel like giving up on giving birth to my grandchildren." He says.
Samantha just looks down.
"Childbirth is scary but the pain is worth it. What do I always say?" He says kneeling in front of her.
"The only way to joy is through pain." Samantha replies.
"Trust me my child that this is the pain part and the children being born is the joy." He says.

"But I'm not ready to be a mother." Samantha says.
"And I wasn't ready to be a father but parenthood isn't a job application. It's experience. You don't need to be prepared. Look how you turned out." He begins, " I love you very much and I'm proud of the woman you've become. Make me proud and don't give up on them even if you feel like it."
Samantha looks up to her father, "I don't think  you'll be proud of me if you know what I'm about to do." Samantha says.

" Justice. You're fighting for justice even though I won't like the way you're about to do it. It doesn't mean I won't love you any less. I know you've been through a lot." He says and pulls her for another embrace.

The doctor makes an incision on Samantha's lower abdomen.
"How's her pulse." He asks.
"It's getting back to normal." The nurse responds.
"Found the head, the baby is coming out now." The doctor says, lifting up the body from where the incision is. Elijah comes closer compelling the doctor to allow him to be that close. Crying soon  follows after.
"Congratulations the baby girl is born."

It wasn't long until the nurse took her to be examined and they placed them back at another room. Samantha  already healed after the cesarean the doctors didn't need to do anything. They were just compelled.  All everyone was waiting for was for her to wake up.
"Come on Sam." Valentina says.

"I've missed you so much." Samantha says.
"And so have I." Father says before kissing her forehead.
"You might be over a 1000 but you're still and always will be my little girl."
"Even if I'm this monster." Samantha says.
" An Alison is never a monster only a hero." He says.
"So you don't think me getting revenge is petty." Samantha says.
" If it gives you some sort of closure, peace and benefits a lot people then it isn't revenge. It's an end of an era but before you do give them a chance." He says.

"They had their chance father. Plenty of chances. There's no room for them anymore in my heart, soul and mind." Samantha says.
" Fair enough. It's now time for you to go back to the real world. My darling." He says.
"I really don't want you to leave me." Samantha says.
" You don't need me like that anymore. You're a mother now, you have to get back to your children and raise them well." He says.
Samantha's eyes sadden.
"Don't worry, we will be reunited soon." He says, "Goodbye my child. Remember I'll always be looking after you. I love you very much Samantha." He says.
"I love you too father." Samantha says, the figure disintegrates and fades away.
"FATHER!" Samantha bellows only to be responded my her echo. She was alone now. By herself.