Chapter Twenty-Two

Principle Selvig lead the remaining five up a flight of stairs onto the Comms floor before knocking on Comms 11.

"This is your classroom, Pietro. It's Set 3 English with Mrs Montgomery. And just in case I forgot to mention, I managed to get all your kids the same teachers. Well, not exactly the same, but enough so that at none of them will have a single teacher at least one of the others doesn't have. We often do that with foster siblings, or adopted ones, to help them settle into a new place."

Phil and Nick nodded approvingly as a nice looking and smartly dressed female teacher stood at the door to her classroom. "Are you the new student?" She asked in a strong Yorkshire accent, pointing to Pietro. The Sokovian boy gulped and nodded, suddenly having gone shy. Sure he was quiet for a bit whilst they were taking Shuri and Peter to their classes, but now he was actually shy. It was not a Pietro thing to do.

"Well, my name is Mrs Montgomery, and I shall be your English teacher." She turned to face Tony suddenly, her head spinning. The action caused Tony to slightly hide behind Phil. "And yours too, Tony." Tony wasn't sure how she knew who he was, though he guessed he didn't look like the twelve-year-old Peter was. Though he wasn't sure how she deciphered between him and Pietro - given only names and ages once would probably think that Tony was the younger, being shorter and just generally having a younger face.

Principle Selvig grinned and nodded towards the classroom where Mrs Montgomery walked back into and he guided Pietro into by holding the scruff of his neck. Immediately, Nick didn't like that action, but they were already in the classroom.

"Hey kids, I hope you're having a nice lesson right now. This is Pietro Maximoff - a foster kid, mind you, so no nasty jokes or teasing - and he will be joining your English class." Principle Selvig glanced around the classroom, trying to locate his nominated host for Pietro. Finally, he laid eyes on him. "Ah, Gef Agee! There you are, right here's a note," he passed a rather chunky kid the same one he handed to Groot and Carina before finishing off with: "you're Pietro's host." The boy groaned but nodded as Mrs Montgomery lead Pietro to a seat on the other side of the classroom to Gef.

Principle Selvig said his goodbyes to the class before walking out and directing the foster family to the next classroom on the list - Wanda's geography classroom. It was Comms 6.

Pushing open the door, the teacher stood up explaining the smart board immediately stoped what he was dooming to gleefully shake the hand of his boss. "Mr Haven, this is Wanda Maximoff. A foster kid and ready to join your class. Miss Mantis Udonta, is she in today? I can never remember when she had therapy and when not." Immediately, a pearly white hand from the front row flew up into the air. "I am here, sir!" The girl who opened it exclaimed, her eyes wide and bright. Wanda smiled nervously at her as the principle slammed a note down into her desk.

"Hey Wanda, how about you take the seat next to Mantis whilst I fetch you a Geography book from the back of the class. Don't worry, she's really friendly, and she used to be a foster kid like you." Mr Haven smiled, walking to the back of the classroom.

Wanda sat beside her and asked: "So you're adopted?" Mantis nodded. "With my adopted siblings Peter and Kraglin. Did you know that Peter's dad fostered me first?" She barely took a breath between the words of her rambles, and Wanda barely caught even one as Principle Selvig waved to the class and backed out of the room.

As soon as the door shut, Tony spoke up. "How come Geography isn't in a Set?" Principle Selvig seemed to smile at the first time he'd heard Tony talk. "Well, cause Geography doesn't require lower or higher amounts of teaching, and there's only one level tests. There are different tests for higher or lower levels in lessons like maths, English, and science. Same goes for PE - the higher sets do more advanced PE. However, Set A and B are just girls and then Set C and D are boys. Set C is basically A though, and D's basically B." Tony nodded, letting the many words sink into his brain and Principle Selvig lead them down the stairs, out of the building, and then across the school grounds towards the music block.

"You Tony, have Drama first." Principle Selvig said as he came to a door labelled MU3. He pushed it open and grabbed Tony's wrist and dragged him in. Nick breathed heavily, angry at the man's actions just as he had been with Pietro.

"Welcome to Drama, Tony. I am Ms Schuster." A pretty lady in the centre of a large circle of students on plastic chairs turned to the sound of true opening door. She turned to one of her students and said: "Happy, would you mind dragging a chair up for Tony in between you and Rocket, please?" A round boy - Happy, Tony assumed - stood up with an unhappy face, grabbing a chair off one of the many stacks around the room, dropping it with a harsh thud in between him and a smaller student.

Ms Schuster smiled encouragingly at Tony was anxiously went and sat in the chair. He glanced one way at Happy, who now seemed to be engaged in a whispered conversation with a gingery-blonde girl; he next turned to the boy on his other side, an angry frown set on his face and spiky brown hair. The name Rocket certainly suited him.

"Right everyone, this is Anthony Stark." Immediately, there were whispers. Tony hated the whispers. "Class, hush. Anyway, he's a foster kid so please be mindful of him, and Rocket, I have nominated you to be his host." Principle Selvig attempted to hand the boy a note, but he just stood up, fuming. "Now why should I have to babysit the shit-face? Give him to Happy or somebody else! I don't care what bloody happens to him." He shouted, storming out of the classroom. Principle Selvig sighed and instead passed the note to Happy. "Looks like you're up, kid."