Chapter Two

Anthony Stark groaned. His foster carer, Sharon Carter, was giving him up. He couldn't blame her, he was a mess, but the burning hatred and betrayal he felt inside of himself was not going to change. She barely even gave him a chance, even thought the small one she gave him was a million times bigger than the one his father had given him.

He didn't like to admit it, but sometimes he really missed his parents. Ever since the family butler, Edward Jarvis, died, Maria and Howard Stark seemed to realise that they couldn't turn a blind eye on Tony, so they gave him up. Just like that. No real reason, just that they didn't want to care for him. It hurt. Not as much as his Sharon was hurting him, but the pain his parents gave him occurred way more often. He figured that he'd soon stop feeling the pain of Sharon as soon as he got taken in by another family.

Which lead them to their current position. It wasn't just Tony, either. Sharon has also been fostering an older boy named James Rhodes, someone who Tony looked up to and could trust, and he was here with Tony now. At hydras own large field full of tents and kids and people all looking for a fresh start, with or without children.

It was overly crowded, Tony was surprised about to turn out. He honestly just assumed that the odd few would turn up, cause what was fostering or adoption of not because one couldn't conceive their own, and most people could, and didn't need a rebound.

James, who Tony referred to as Rhodey, squeezed Tony's upper arm for reassurance to the younger lad, hand moving down the grab the boys hand as they trailed behind Sharon. They'd just met Ella, who after hearing about their reason for being there gave Sharon a dirty look, who had told them to go off and have fun and she'd have Reese send people in their direction.

"Right boys, make yourselves appealing, and I'm gonna go get some people to introduce to you. Be polite to everyone, suck up a bit if you have to, and Tony if they want a kid and not a teenager, you're twelve, not thirteen. Now, let's go get you guys a home." Sharon smirked before rushing off. Tony sighed and leant against Rhodey, hand squeezing the older boys.

"Hey Tony, let's go over to that barbecue, I have some money." Rhodey grinned, nudging him. Tony looked up at Rhodey and smiled, letting him dragging him away.

XX~•~•XX

"What, no smart remarks or anything?" Rhodey teased as the sat on one of the few unoccupied benches. "We're supposed to be polite children today, aren't we?" Tony snarled back, grinning into his cheese burger. Rhodey chuckled and swung an arm around the boy as two boys who looked around Rhodeys ripe age of fifteen walked towards them.

"Hey, mind we sit here? There aren't any benches or tables anywhere else." The taller one asked, a strong Brooklyn accent flooding through. Tony glanced towards Rhodey who shrugged.

"My names James, Tony here calls me Rhodey. So, you looking to be adopted or whatever?" Rhodey conversed with the pair that sat opposite. The taller one who spoke was blonde with piercing ocean blue eyes whilst the other was shorter by very little height with long brown hair and a metal arm. Tony was immensely interested in that arm - he spent his time of silence staring at it.

Tall Blonde nodded. "Our foster dad, Everett, he just died. We got no where to go now, and if no one chooses us today we're going to a group home. The names Steve Rogers." He stuck his hand out for Rhodey to shake, then Tony.

The other boy remained silent and glanced towards Steve as of to tell him to say his name and stuff. "This is Bucky. We've been in the same foster homes all our lives, moving through the three we've had together. Everett has been the best carer, by the way." Rhodey nodded but, as per Tony usual, of course the billionaires son had something to say.

"So, hang on, your name is Bucky? Like, when you were born, your mom and dad called you Bucky?" Bucky in question shook his head. "My real names James, like yours." He flicked his fingers up in Rhodeys direction. Turned out he was from Brooklyn too.

XX~•~•XX

So far, no desperate people had come running to Nick and Phil about their kids, which was a relief to the men... until someone did.

A blonde woman came jogging up to them and rested a hand on Phils arm. "So, don't suppose you guys are interested in fostering?" She gleamed, a fake grin so obvious as soon as she placed it on her face. Nick groaned but Phil nodded. They'd had no luck so far - all the kids they'd spoken to or played with hadn't had that certain click with them as they'd soon realised after seeing the same kids a lot happier and confident with different adults.

Nick tugged on Phils arm as the woman showed them over to wear four boys were sat. Clear by her confused facial expression, four was not how many kids she'd left. Whether she'd originally had more and less was a mystery to the husbands.

She strutted over to the quartet, hands thumping against the wooden top of the bench. "So boys, who are these?" She asked, nodding her head towards the two taller boys. "Steve and Bucky." The younger one of the two were obviously the woman's said, his mouth full of burger.

"Right, well I have a couple here to see you. Come along, boys." The pair glanced at the taller boys before following the blonde lady over to Nick and Phil.

A/N: Enjoying it? Check out my profile for their stories cause I've literally got over twenty-five 😂 They're not MCU, but if you're into more then that one fandom...

~Megan