Chapter Five

Reese squealed as Nick and Phil told her the grand news. "Oh my gosh, this is great news! And six? Wow, I thought you were gonna adopt one or two!" Nick chuckled. "Yeah well, so did we."

Reese finally regained her calm demeanour and flicked through the booklet she held in her arms. "Who did you say the kids we again?" She asked. Phil and Nick looked at each other. "So we've got Anthony Stark, James Rhodes, James Barnes, Steve Rogers, and I don't think we got the last two kids names." Phil answered. "They're African." Nick added helpfully. Reese nodded. "Right, well I think Ella said about these two Wakandan kids coming in earlier. A boy aged sixteen and a girl aged eleven?" Nick nodded. "Probably." He answered.

Reese silently turned away to call Ella who came quickly running. "Right, here are the kids files that I have received, which turns out to only be Anthony's and James Rhodes's. I do, however, have contact information from the other four which we will deal with soon enough. So, if you two could sign here in the fostering box please." (A/N: I'm honestly not sure how this works so I'm just making it all up) Ella pointed to a box labelled Fostering which sat beside a box labelled Adopting. "When the time comes, you will be able to sign that one too." Ella smiled, watching how Nick stared at it longingly on Tonys file.

A tap on the shoulder had Reese turning around. Behind her stood a ginger haired teenage girl whose arm was around a younger looking brunette girl. Beside her stood two blonde boys, one of platinum dyed hair and the other with a natural blonde mess.

"We found the twins, Ms Jones." The ginger girl said, face serious as she pushed the slightly younger girl forward. The older natural blonde boy did the same with the younger one by his side.

Reese smiled. "Thank you, Natasha and Clint. Ella just didn't finish filling out their information, that's all. Do you two still have your files." The twins nodded unsurely, slowly stepping back into the older pair.

Ella looked up from where she had Nick and Phil signing Steve and Rhodeys papers - one each, before gasping at the sight of the quartet.

"Perfect! Now I can finish yours off and someone can foster you!" She exclaimed. "Someone wants us?!" The younger girl gasped excitedly. She was obviously Russian, and her accent was incredibly thick. She'd clearly been there most of her life.

Ella took a step back suddenly, looking incredibly guilty. "Er..." She trailed off, looking from side to side.

"We do." Nick called from behind. Suddenly feeling very bad for the kids. Phil glanced at him but shrugged - they were here for Nick to get the kids he always wanted, and if that meant eight of them, so be it.

"Nat and Clint too?" She asked, beaming up at the adults. "Yes." Phil answered quickly. "Unless they already have people, of course. Reese and Ella have spoken so much about you." Reese fake smiled awkwardly whilst Ella nodded along briskly to the lie.

The twins and Clint looked ecstatic; Natasha only smiled slightly. Whether that was because she wanted Nick and Phil or not was yet to be seen, but they had her now no matter the reason.

Ella pulled out four more sets of papers for Nick and Phil to sign as Reese walked over to the children.

"Now, these men have been very kind and open and willing, especially since they came here looking for only a couple of kids, and are now going home with ten." She explained, placing a hand on the boy twins shoulder. "Who else it is?" The young Russian boy asked. "You may or may not know them, but their names are Steve Rogers, James Barnes, Antony Stark, T'Challa, Shuri, and James Rhodes." Three of the four looked blank, but Natasha didn't. "I've heard of Anthony Stark." She said. "He's Howard Starks son." Reese nodded. "That's right," she grinned. "So you guys are gonna have six more siblings, so you better get used to it."

XX~•~•XX

Tony, Bucky, Rhodey, Steve, T'Challa, and Shuri were all sat in a small circle on the field in the place Nick and Phil had left them.

"How long do you think they'll be?" Shuri asked. "Surely not too much longer." Steve answered, patting the young girls knee. It would be odd having a sister to him, sure, because he'd only ever been in homes with boys, aside from the mothers, but if Shuri was supposed to be here then he was looking forward to having one.

Finally, the two men came back, for other children trailing behind them. "Wow, they sure want a lot of kids." Rhodey commented. "Probably only coming back so say they've chosen them over us." Tony grunted. T'Challa wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and pulled him into his lap without a word, nobody mentioning the Stark's squeak. He didn't try to pull away though, that was the good thing.

When Nick and Phil finally came up, everyone in the small group stood.

"Right guys, so guess what? We've decided to take on all of you!" Phil exclaimed. Immediately smiles and chitter-chatter and gasps came out. Tony looked incredibly surprised by the outcome but when Rhodey came to give him a squeeze, he immediately snapped out of it and let out a huge grin.

"And," Nick added. "These four as well." They brought the other four children to the front. The Russian twins waved shyly whilst Natasha simply nodded to everyone and Clint gave them all a cheery "Hello."

"This time next week, you'll be in our house." Nick smiled.