Chapter Four

"Oh my god, watch out!" The boy seethed, scrambling to try and get up and rush off again. "Hey, you ran into us!" Shuri argued back, kicking him in the shins, which, luckily for her, T'Challa had locked between his knee caps.

Ignoring their childish behaviour, T'Challa pinned the boy down, refusing to let him up. "Kid, what are you doing? You can't just run like that and expect people not to get hurt." He lectured. Tony rolled his eyes. God, how he sounded like Howard! "Are you running away from someone?" Shuri chipped in.

Tony sighed and stopped wriggling and fighting against the older, stronger boy and just lay back against the grass. "My foster carer forced this couple on me and my friend, but they didn't even want us, they wanted the kids sat behind us. I just left before they could." He replied stubbornly, and he would've crossed his arms had Shuri not been sat on one.

T'Challa had his hands pressed roughly on Tony's shoulder blades and was straddling the kid who was lying down. Shuri had moved since the tumble to sit on his left arm, and Tony just didn't think crossing one arm would be as effective. Or effective at all, for that matter.

T'Challa sighed. "You're not even gonna give them a chance? We haven't met anyone yet." Tony instantly felt bad. "Sorry," he mumbled. T'Challas face dropped. To him, he had just been shouting at an angry teenager, but now he felt like he was punishing a small child. Tony was small, and definitely not a teen-teen, and the way he looked now made him look about four years younger. T'Challa stood up and got off him before yanking his sister by the arm up too. He held his hand out to Tony. "Sorry," he reciprocated.

During all the nonsense, Rhodey had jogged up to them. "Tony! You shouldn't have run off like that!" Rhodey began to pant and leant over to place his hands on his knees. Tony flushed and looked down, awkwardly. "Sorry," he muttered, yet again.

T'Challa glanced between the two and let go of Tony's hand. "Are you two brothers?" He asked politely, tucking his sister into his side. Rhodey chuckled and shook his head. "We might as well be, but no. I'm James Rhodes, Tones calls me Rhodey. Who are you two?" Shuri grinned. "My names Shuri and this is my brother T'Challa." Rhodey nodded and politely shook her hand, not unlike Steve from earlier. "Not from around here?" T'Challa grinned and replied: "Africa. Wakanda, to be exact." Rhodey nodded thoughtfully. "Sounds nice."

"Rhodey! Tony!" The four of them looked over to where Steve, Bucky, Phil, and Nick were calmly walking up behind them.

Tony moved slightly behind T'Challa, not that the older boy didn't notice. He did. He really did. It seemed everyone else did, too.

Nick and Phil looked awkwardly at the other two kids, glancing towards each other. They couldn't handle two more, surely. It would be a wide age range, they guessed, as Shuri looked younger than Tony and Tony looked younger than the other three.

"Um... we're gonna go speak to Ella or Reese. Stay together." Nick ordered, using his S.H.I.E.L.D voice. All of them nodded, unsure of who they were talking to and, because they obviously weren't going to elaborate, they all decided to stay put.

As the Coulson-Fury's walked away, Nick swung round to face his husband. "Surely we can't have six charges." He whispered. "You wanted kids, Nick." Phil said in a warning voice. "And they don't seem like too much trouble. Besides, it appears Tony is the only one we have to worry about." Nick chuckled at Phil's statement. "Ok, but that's it. No more kids, no matter how many they run into." Phil nodded and walked alongside his husband to try and find either lady to them their kids.

XX~•~•XX

Natasha groaned. Seventh home and they already wanted to kick her out. Sure, she wasn't ladylike or a partially kind person, but she still required love like every other child. Even if she was sixteen.

Being at the Hydra Foster Care day was boring. So far the only thing she'd done was meet up with one of her oldest friends who actually went through her fourth, fifth, and sixth homes with her. His name was Clint Barton. He was a year younger but, where Natasha was supposed to be adopted in her seventh home, he was only in his fifth and that was only fostering to begin with.

"Hey Nat, found a perfect parent yet?" Clint smirked, eyes rolling up at "perfect parent". Natasha chuckled. "Nope, still waiting for my heroes." They both laughed and began walking towards an ice cream truck.

"Man, if nobody takes me today I'm off to a group home." Clint groaned, hopping from foot to foot as they stood at the back of an incredibly long line for ice cream. "Same here." Natasha sighed, rubbing her face with her hands. Sometimes the whole foster care thing was just so frustrating!

Finally, they reached the front. "Two Mr Whippy's please." Natasha spoke, hanging over a five dollar bill. (A/N: I'm English so my American may be a little off. I'm gonna do as much English as I can get away with but when it comes to money it'll be American and I'll probably be hopeless) The ice cream lady smiled and quickly got their ice creams, waving them goodbye as they walked away.

"You know, I kinda hoped that maybe the family I had was the one. I was with this lady called Jane Foster - she was really nice. She was looking after me with her brother, but he sucked at fostering." Clint sighed, accidentally smearing his face with his ice cream. Nat nodded. "Me too." She mumbled.