Chapter Ten

Steve and Bucky stepped out the car; albeit awkwardly, as Sharon started yelling at Tony.

"Would this be a bad time to mention I forgot my bike?" Bucky whispered to Steve. The taller teen turned around to stare at him. "You mean to tell me that you forgot your one mode of transport?!" Bucky made a face. "I have your car!" Steve groaned. "Exactly - my car!" Bucky shushed him. "I don't think we should be arguing in the middle of this, but please let me take your car back so that I can get my bike - I'll tow it from the car." Steve huffed by nodded, throwing the brunette the keys as he opened the drivers door.

Steve decided to turn again to Tony, who was being gripped hard by Sharon's bony fist with her sharp ugly black acrylic nails. "Hey!" He called over, stomping towards the two. "Let go." He hissed, holding Tony's arm and pulling him away from Sharon. The lay flared and flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder. "Whatever, I don't care. I just want them to get their stuff out the boot and leave!" Steve pulled an upset-looking Tony into his arms and glanced at Rhodey, who at once knew what it meant and grabbed two rucksacks out of the boot. "Where are the rest of your things?" Steve asked. "What do you mean?" Rhodey replied, walking towards the house.

During the whole debacle, Nick and Phil had sent the six kids already living with them into the dining room, all sitting in their labelled places, and were about to intervene just as Steve did.

Phil took Rhodey's bags off him and decided to take him up to his room whilst there weren't many kids about. The only ones there were Tony, Rhodey, Steve, Bucky, and T'Challa and Shuri who were still sat in T'Challa's car with Okoye at the wheel.

Nick walked outside to where Steve and Tony were before taking the young teen out of Steve's arm and held his hand as he walked over to T'Challa and Shuri's car.

Seeing that Nick was coming over, the trio in the car all got out and Okoye handed T'Challa the keys. "I'll miss you." She whispered, taking him into her arms and next saying the same thing to Shuri as she also pulled in the young girl. Finally, they all finished with a group hug and were saying reassuring things in Wakandan to each other.

Nick placed a hand on T'Challas shoulder and smiled slightly, greeting Okoye with the only Wakandan he knew. Okoye hugged Nick as well before kissing T'Challa on the cheek and Shuri on the forehead before wandering off the drive towards the nearest bus station.

"She wasn't your real carer, was she?" Nick whispered into T'Challas ear. He looked at the floor and chuckled. "Nope."

Shuri grabbed her suitcases from the boot and dashed towards the house with Nick, Tony, Steve and T'Challa following.

They all stood around in the hallway by the door, awaiting Nicks next words. "Since I need to stay down here for the others, I'm gonna call in some of the other kids already here to show you to your rooms. Don't worry, they know where they are." Nick explained, afterwards calling Thor, Loki, Bruce, and Sam.

"T'Challa, you're gonna share a room with Thor, this tall lad here, and he's gonna take you up." Nick said, pointing towards the Asguardian teen in question. T'Challa nodded and raced outside to grab his things.

"Tony, I'd like you to share with Loki please, he's Thor's brother." Nick pulled Loki forward slightly. "Adopted." Loki said, out of habit. "Well, used to be, I guess." Tony nodded slightly, looking down before what looked to be like he was suddenly remembering something. "Yes sir." He said abruptly, each word spoken clearly and loudly. Just the way his father had taught him.

The others around him looked surprised, but the boy didn't say anything else so Loki just turned down the hallway to show him the way to the stairs.

Once the weirdness had settled in, Nick turned to Bruce. "Bruce, could you take Shuri up to her room please?" The shy lad nodded and held his hand out to the African girl who took it excitedly. Bruce took one of her suitcases off her hands and lead her up to the second above-ground floor to the room she'd be sharing with Wanda.

"And finally, Sam please take Steve upstairs to his room. It's the only other one on the same floor as yours and Thor's." Nick explained. Sam smirked and nodded towards Steve. "Hey, I'm Sam. Follow me, dude." Steve grinned and took off after the feisty teen.

Nick smiled, shaking his head and looking down, chuckling as Phil came up to him. "All good?" He asked. Nick nodded and took his husband into a hug. "Definitely." He whispered.

XX~•~•XX

"Wow!" Shuri squealed, gasping at the sight of her room.

She threw her stuff onto the bed furthest away from the window

She threw her stuff onto the bed furthest away from the window. "It's perfect!" She gaped, turning to give Bruce a hug. "You're gonna be my brother now, right?" She asked expectantly, looking up toward him. Bruce flushed but nodded, hugging the girl back.

After a few moments, Shuri pulled back. "I wanna see T'Challa's room!" She grinned. Bruce chuckled and nodded, leading her up two more flights of stairs before taking her into the room her brother shared with Thor.

"This one's big too! I think mines bigger though." Shuri smirked, going over to give her big brother a hug. "Oh well, I think the roof is cool." T'Challa replied, pulling the girl into his lap as he sat cross-legged on his bed.

Thor grinned at the siblings from his place of lying down on his own bed. "Isn't this wonderful? We all get to be a part of a big family!" He proclaimed. Bruce leant against the doorframe and chuckled. "Sure is, big guy." He answered.