Chapter Twenty-Four

The head teachers face suddenly turned stone cold. "I apologise if I offended you." He said, his voice suddenly matching the one that had called them into the room.

"I had a call off Principle Erik Selvig saying that you'd be a little late, but I'm not gonna lie - you're a little earlier than expected. Not many to take around at the middle school?" He asked, turning around and unlocking the cabinet with the student files in, flicking through them all and checking back on the laptop placed in the centre of his desk, clearing having the names on them.

"Five." Nicks answered simply. "Wow, sixteen kids, you guys are brave." The head chuckled, pulling out a file here and there and placing them on an ever-growing pile on his desk. For some reason, he was more like how the foster parents had imagined Principle Selvig would be, and that Principle Selvig reminded them much more of a high school head.

"Yeah, they're our family. I'm sorry, but isn't it your job to have this sort of thing ready at the hand? Phil and I still have to go to work, you know." Nick growled, leaning forward slightly on his chair. "I'm sorry Mr Coulson-Fury but you guys being here today isn't the only thing on the school agenda. And like I said: you're early." The Principle replied.

"Aren't you even gonna tell us your name?" Called out Bucky who had his back leaning against the wooden door. The principle turned to look at him in surprise - he hadn't expected any of the teens to join in the conversation.

"I'm Principle Rhomann Dey, but Mr Dey is just fine. I hope you don't mind me asking, but we kinda need a surname for... right, here it is: T'Challa. We need a surname for this lad, T'Challa." Mr Dey squinted at the writing in the file, over-pronouncing the name causing Scott and Clint to giggle slightly.

Nick and Phil turned round to T'Challa. "It's your choice, but back at Shuri's school we put our surname down. What would you like?" Nick asked, grabbing the boys slightly shaking hand. "The same as my sister." He replied grimly, pulling his back.

Nick and Phil turned back round to Mr Dey. "That'll be Coulson-Fury, thanks." The head nodded and wrote onto the file before typing it down on the laptop.

"Right so, I've got your timetables here... I have all your hosts in the assembly hall as I can't take you guys round at this time. Don't worry, just follow me. Dad and dad, you guys can go home." Mr Dey smiled and rushed through the crushed office to the door. Though Nick and Phil weren't happy with it, they obliged and said goodbye to their foster kids.

Mr Dey lead the group of teens to the assembly hall where a bunch of kids stood around chit-chatting. Mr Dey let out a strong, loud whistle, and instantly all heads were turned his way - silence enveloping the assembly hall.

"Right kids, so these are our new students. I'm gonna call you out and give you a copy of each of their timetables so that you know where the pick them up from and where to take them. I expect you to do this for the whole of the first half-term. Don't worry, an email has gone round all your teachers to explain this. Anywho, lets get down to business." Mr Dey explained before turning and telling all the Coulson-Fury foster kids to stand in a line as he looked down at a sheet of paper, presumably with all the names of the hosts and whom they were hosting.

"Ok, let's go: Valkyrie Walker, please take Thor Odinson here to his first lesson." Mr Dey patted Thor's shoulder as a teenage girl who appeared to be slightly disorientated walked forward, collecting her copy of Thor's timetable off the principle as Mr Dey gave Thor his own.

"Is she drunk?" Clint whispered to Natasha. The redhead nodded as the brunette girl lead Thor out of the assembly hall, chatting away to him about what could only be considered as absolute nonsense. Thor seemed really overwhelmed.

"Next up, I'd like to see Gamora Dione. Gamora, you're gonna take James Barnes." Bucky stared at the group as a tall and slender dark-skinny girl marched up to the front, a straight face with no emotion on it, hair black falling to magenta and lime tips.

She took her copy of his timetable and walked out the door - Bucky has to jog slightly to keep up. Something told him that she wouldn't be as chatty as Thor's Valkyrie was.

"Steven Rogers, your host is gonna be Margaret Carter." (A/N: I changed Steve and Bucky's old foster carer from Peggy to Everett K. Ross) Steve stared as a beautiful girl smiled gently at him, elegantly walking forward with bouncing brown curls. Something twitched inside him as she thanked Mr Dey for the timetable and turned to face the now blushing blonde who had just taken his own timetable out of Mr Dey's hand.

"Hi, I'm Peggy. You've got English first, follow me." Her voice was sweet and kind as she held out a hand towards him. Steve, being the awkward love-struck teen he was, simply stared at it before Peggy let out a slight giggle and started walking forwards. Steve instantly took off behind her.

"Someone's in love." Clint whispered teasingly into Natasha's ear, causing the redhead to smirk slightly.

"Erik Killmonger, this is T'Challa Coulson-Fury. Please take him to lessons, and please don't end up in my office today. Remember, hosting is the only thing keeping you out of the detention you got for cheating on your tests, so any future mishaps aren't accounted for within this position." Mr Dey eyed the large boy who walked forward, snatching the timetable and grunting at T'Challa in a way that they all knew meant follow me silently.

"He gives me the creeps." Bruce whispered to Scott, shuddering slightly. The other boy nodded in agreement, a look of slight fear on his face.

"Next up, Drax Douglas. Please take Natasha Romanoff to her lessons. And the thing that I just said to Erik applies to you also." Mr Dey said as another large lad came walking through. His muscles bulged through his shirt and he had blood red tattoos covering every inch of skin to be shown, including his pale face.

Turning towards the foster kids, Mr Dey explained that Drax was a foreign kid from Alaska who had been placed in juvey a couple of times. Also that though Drax May have tattoos, they generally aren't permitted on school grounds and any caught getting any will be suspended, Drax simply had them both coming to the high school.

Drax and Natasha walked silently out of the room, barely even out of the door by the time Mr Dey started reading the next names off the list.

"For Sam Wilson there is Kraglin Udonta!"