Chapter Eighteen

It didn't matter that anyone else was dressed because as the five of them made their way down the stairs, Pietro and Peter had made no previous effort to get changed, so both boys were still in their PJs, in fact, the exact ones from the first night when they'd watched a movie.

Nick lead them into the dining from and Shuri and Wanda skipped to their chairs, looking back over their shoulders to see if the boys were coming.

They did, and everyone chuckled and laughed slightly at their nightly attire and messy bedheads. "Oh shut up, you all look like this in the mornings too!" Pietro grinned, slipping into his seat beside his sister.

"Now, how about a hand for the birthday boy?" Phil exclaimed, standing up to hug Peter good morning and wish him a quiet Happy Birthday into his ear. Peter smiled. "Thanks Phil." Everybody burst out clapping, all laughing with smiles on their faces as Peter took a jokey bow on his way room to his seat.

"So, you haven't had breakfast yet, but it's your birthday anyway, so everyone start to sing!" Phil said, standing up and waving his hands in a gesture to get everyone else to do so. However, when Peter started to, Nick pushed him down again. "Not you, son." He said.

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Peter,
Happy birthday to you.

We wish you a good day,
We hope you will say,
Thanks for the presents,
And a happy birthday!

It's the first at this house,
With everyone around,
Fifteen other siblings,
We're all love bound!

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Peter,
Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sung, though they were all surprised that they managed to stick together throughout it all - even Bruce sang! The song had been made up in T'Challa's birthday - the extra parts, that is - and decided that it would be their birthday song. To be honest, Peter was surprised that they'd all remembered it!

At some point in the song, Nick had left the room, and as it ended, he'd returned and placed a chocolate birthday cake in front of him.

Peter gasped and said: "Wow, this looks amazing Nick! Thank you so much!" Nick smiled and kissed the boy atop his head

Peter gasped and said: "Wow, this looks amazing Nick! Thank you so much!" Nick smiled and kissed the boy atop his head. "Blow our the candles, kid." Peter did as he was told and immediately after everyone started clapping and whistling.

"Make a wish?" Shuri asked, leaning forward slightly. Peter nodded. "But I can't can't you or it won't come true." Shuri huffed and slumped back in her seat.

"Happy eleven years, Pete. Must suck being one of the youngest in the year." Sam smirked. "Just cause you're right at the start." Peter retorted, stocking his tongue out at him.

"Now now, boys. Right, let's cut the cake." Phil grinned.

XX~•~•XX

Everyone sat around the living room, presents in hand. Peter sat in the centre, glancing around eagerly.

"We'll go first." Nick smiled, handing over his and Phil's present to the lad. Peter ripped off the wrapping paper and his face lit up at the site of the LEGO Star Wars 75192 Ultimate Collector Series Millennium Falcon. "This is so great! I can't wait to build it later!" Nick chuckled before landing him the card.

Peter tore the envelope away and began to read the message out loud for all to hear:

"Dear Peter,

We are very blessed to have you here with us for you eleventh birthday, and we do hope we make this day as special as possible. With all your new siblings around, we hope you feel loved and safe and secure.

When you first came into our household, we didn't quite know what to think. You were very exuberant and happy - you still are! We just hope to make today even MORE happy.

We love you so much,
Phil and Nick xxx

P.S. Have fun building the set (ᵔᴥᵔ)"

Peter beamed up at his foster dads and hugged them tightly. "Thanks guys." He murmured.

"My turn!" Clint exclaimed, pushing his wrapped gift into Peters lap. He opened it to find a 10 Things I Want In Life Gaming, Mens Funny T-Shirt. He laughed and pulled it on over the top of his Pyjama top, which honestly looked quite ridiculous. "Perfect fit." Clint smirked. "Clint, he can fit it over another top." Natasha rolled her eyes. "It's great, thanks Clint." Peter grinned.

Next he got a joint present off Tony and Rhodey which happened to be an AmScope 120X-1200X 52-pcs Kids Beginner Microscope STEM Kit with Metal Body Microscope, Plastic Slides, LED Light and Carrying Box (M30-ABS-KT2-W). "Heard you like science." Rhodey grinned. "Stops you messing with Tony's." Tony flushed and looked down, but smiled slightly at the giant beam that was spread across the younger guys face. "Thanks!" Peter exclaimed.

"You can use that later, if you'd like. Once you're dressed, that is." Phil smirked. Peter jokingly stuck his tongue out at him.

After that he opened the present from T'Challa and Shuri, which happened to be a SEGA Mega Drive Flashback with 85 Games. Peter gasped. "Wow! These are amazing guys!" He lifted the box up to take a closer look. "Careful," Steve said, lowering the box slightly.

From Bucky and Steve, Peter received a Back To The Future Boxset from which Nick and Phil promised to have everyone watch one the upcoming night.

Thor and Loki has gotten him a LEGO Super Heroes Classic Batmobile - 76119, yet another thing Peter was anxiously waiting to build. LEGO just happened to be his forte, especially when he did it with his best friend from the Group Home. He'd already spoken to Nick and Phil, and they'd said that perhaps he could have Ned Leeds over some time.

Sam had gotten him a giant lightsaber which was kind of weird to unwrap, but Peter still felt as much joy about it as from the other items. It made Clint look like he wasn't the only cheap one though, since it was plastic and looked rather breakable.

Wanda and Pietro had put some money together and gotten him a large Fortnight wall mural for his side of the room he shared with Pietro. Not that the other boy was complaining - he quite liked playing Fortnight with Peter, and certainly wouldn't mind having a picture up there. Besides, if he made friends with some cool people from school and they ever saw it, he could truthfully say it was Peters.

Natasha and, surprisingly, Bruce had bought Peter a 'Gravitrax' Starter Set. Peter thanked them both, only earning a small smile from Bruce and a grunt from Natasha. It wasn't easy thanking people who didn't really talk.

Scott was the last one to give Peter anything, so he handed his present over, looking rather pleased with himself so Peter could only assume he really wanted Peter to like it.

Opening it, Peter found a hard cover phone case with all his favourite video game characters all collaged onto it. He grinned up at Scott and leapt over to him, squeezing him tightly.