Chapter Sixteen

Finally, everyone had been placed in a school. Took some persuasion with waiting lists and all, but they were finally in. Tony, Wanda, Pietro, Shuri, and Peter were all going to Great Neck South Middle School whilst the rest were all going to the same school as Steve. Classes started on the fifth of September which meant that, after checking up and calling on all of the files just to double check, the Coulson-Fury's had two birthdays to sort in the mean time.

The first would be T'Challa, who was born on the twenty-second of August (A/N: His wasn't specified so I made it up. If anyone actually knows, please comment and I'll attempt to fix this as best I can) and the second would be Peter, who was born on the twenty-seventh. Though not far apart and quite a while from the date they were at, Nick and Phil were gonna make sure they had the best first birthdays with the family ever.

XX~•~•XX

(A/N: Time skip to T'Challas birthday because I feel like now I've mentioned them I kind of have to actually write the birthdays, so I'm just time skipping on these ones. I'd quite like to get to the point where they actually go to school)

"T'Challa! Big brother do wake up' T'CHALLA!" Shuri shouted, jumping up and down on her brothers bed, ignoring his blatant grunts. She appeared to have forgotten that Thor shared that room too.

Thor himself was sat up in his own bed in amusement, watching the scene unfold.

"It's my birthday so I say go back to sleep." T'Challa mumbled, pushing Shuri off his bed with one hand, his eyes still closed. Shuri groaned and grabbed one of his ankles, fully pulling him off his bed.

"Ha! Now you have to get up!" She smirked as he rubbed a hand over his head. Thor threw his head back in laughter. Oh, he remembered when he and Loki were like that - they weren't anymore.

T'Challa grabbed Shuri's waist and pulled her down beside him, tickling her free sides as her arms flew everyone whilst she shrieked.

"Hey guys, keep it down! Some people don't like to woken up before six!" Came Sams shouts from his bedroom. That was right, it was half past five and Shuri was insisting that her brother got up. Little brat.

"Sorry!" T'Challa shouted back, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. "Why are we up this early?" He grunted at Shuri. "If we were at home it would be half eleven and that's what time we always get up on when it's your birthday." T'Challa sighed. "Look, I know you're somehow still jet lagged but since we are in New York and not Wakanda it isn't half eleven yet so we can't get up." Shuri huffed. "But Peters up! I heard him and Pietro playing video games! They're very loud." T'Challa nodded. "And so are you. You just woke Sam, so chances are you've woken Rhodey, Bucky, and Steve up to."

"And me!" Thor added, sat cross legged and watching eagerly. T'Challa nodded uncertainly. "And... Thor." He muttered, sending a small smile towards his sister. "Go back to bed, Shuri. Surely Wanda isn't even up yet." Shuri frowned. "She is - she went to tell the boys off for being too loud."

"Hey, how about you and I go downstairs and make a wonderful birthday breakfast for everyone and leave your brother to sleep? That's what my family did back home." Thor smiled. Shuri giggled and nodded, jumping up eagerly to grab the older guys hand and pull him out of the room.

"You guys do know that this is our home now, right?" But both we're gone before T'Challas words could be heard by either.

XX~•~•XX

By half eleven, T'Challa moved down into the living room, chatting to Rhodey who he'd met on the way down. The American had wished him a happy birthday, and T'Challa had just been regaling him with Shuri's antics that morning.

"Happy birthday!" Shuri squealed, jumping up from her spot on one of the smaller sofas and rushing to hug her older brother. Turns out it was only him and Rhodey still upstairs.

"Thanks, sister." T'Challa smiled, hugging her shoulders as she dangled from his waist, her feet picking up off the ground. "We've all got you presents." She heaved.

T'Challa looked around at everyone. "You didn't need to." He smiled. Nick and Phil shook their heads. "Like we wouldn't give our son presents on his birthday," Nick smirked, handing him a large wrapped up box. "This one's from me and Phil, kid."

T'Challa thanked him and opened the card on top, which read:

Dear T'Challa,

We know it hasn't been that long, but we are truly happy that you have come to live with us. We love you so much and appreciate everything you do daily for our family, like the chores Clint and Tony refuse to do. We want to wish you the happiest birthday, especially considering it's your first with us, so we want to make it special. Along with your present, we've made a reservation at a restaurant for the evening and have gotten each and everyone one of you guys some nice evening wear. We hope it's not to much to handle, we just really want to spoil our beloved kids.

Love, Nick and Phil xxx

T'Challa looked up teary-eyed and hugged his foster parents before ripping open the box. Inside was a large telescope, a few astrology textbooks, and a globe. T'Challa gasped and stood, moving to where his foster parents sat and hugged them even tighter than before.

"We hope it's ok, Shuri mentioned how you two did a lot of stargazing back in your original home, and how much you enjoy geography. The globe is also a light if you click that button on the top of its axis." Phil explained. "It's great." T'Challa murmured, tears falling down his cheeks. "I love it."