Chapter 16 • The Attack of the Scarecrows

Start from the beginning

The demon's ashy grey hair hung messily in front of his face, though his dark brown, almost pitch black eyes could still be seen glistening as they stared deeply into hers.
He raised one of his perfectly shaped eyebrows, tilting his head to the side slightly in question. The movement made his long silver earring dangle in the air.

"Really princess?"

His breath fanned over her face as he spoke, leaving a minty scent for her nose to pick up.
Eunha's heart beat faster, if it was because of shock, nerves or panic, she did not know. She just didn't like it, especially knowing that the others could probably hear it.

"I didn't- I wasn't- I-I, just put me back on my feet will you!" she covered her embarrassment with anger, eyebrows furrowed as she glared up at the man in front of her.
Clumsy idiot. Clumsy idiot. Clumsy idiot.

Taehyung smirked, "Hm. I don't know, you're feeding me pretty well like this."
He leaned his face even closer, lips almost brushing against her ear as he whispered to her softly, "Nerves have always been my favourite, you know? Besides, I quite like how you feel in my arms. Bodies pressed together."

Before Eunha could blink, Hoseok had interfered. He pulled the girl out of the demon's grip, arms keeping her safe as he glared at Taehyung.
"Stop your games, will you."

He spoke in a low voice as to warn the aforementioned. Then he turned his attention to Eunha, carefully putting her back on her feet. He shook his head and softly flicked her forehead, "Uncoordinated human."

Rubbing the painful spot, the girl stared at the angel accusingly. His tone had been jokingly, but still, his words hit her at heart. Probably because it was the truth, yikes.
"Why did we stop anyways?"

"Because of that." She turned to look at what Yoongi was pointing.
As she had been too busy bickering with Jimin, she hadn't really noticed the change in surroundings. The group was standing in a more open space, in front of them was the beginning of a big cornfield. The plants towered over Eunha, being even longer than Namjoon.

"We'll have to cross through it, our route continues on the other end. As it is so huge however, we'll have to stick together. We can't afford losing each other and then getting lost in the maze of corn." The vampire informed the others, eyes quickly searching for an entrance that would leave the plants unharmed.

When he'd found an opening wide enough for the six of them to slip through, he went in first, motioning the others to follow him. Just like that, they started to wade through the sea of growing corn, the waves of green and yellow occasionally hitting them in their face.

As expected, Eunha could see nothing but the sky as the tall plants completely surrounded her. It was kind of claustrophobic in a way and she knew she would have freaked out if it wasn't for Hoseok and Jimin occasionally pulling some stems out of the way so that she could pass through. They secretly checked up on the easily distracted girl, not wanting her to wander off somewhere and then get lost.

"Do you think we should take some corn? You said you were running out of food, right?" Taehyung asked, glancing at Eunha in question before observing the golden yellow vegetables.

"We don't have enough water to cook them, nor do we have a pot. I don't think we'll be able to eat it." Though the idea of devouring the buttery vegetable sounded very appealing, the girl knew they wouldn't be able to prepare it. And why steal if you're not even going to use it.

A sudden rustling made Eunha turn to her left in surprise. As she glanced in between the plants, she noticed a huge figure standing tall in the middle of the field. Arms stretched wide, straw hat slightly askew. Her eyes grew wide as she saw the thing slightly move.