photos & happiness

"Pepper.", It was almost a sigh of relief.
I tried to get up when she said,
"Stay."
"How-how-"
"Sshh.. it's okay. I know and I'll explain everything. But for now just go to sleep.", She softly placed her hand on mine.
"Everyone is okay.", She said as I suddenly noticed that I felt immense pain in my right hand.
"What happened to my hand?", I asked. It was wrapped in a plaster.
She smiled and said,
"Good night Tony."

Next morning I was woken up by an animated conversation outside the room.
"But Cap–"
"No more debates about this Peter. I've said what I have. You're not going anywhere."
"It's a college trip–"
"It's dangerous.", Steve said as Peter finally fell silent. I slowly sat up in the empty room. I looked around. It looked like my house. A calendar hung on the wall beside me.

"Year 2023"

I froze and rubbed my eyes.
"It's correct.", This was Eva. I immediately turned towards her as she entered into the room.
"What is happening?", I asked perplexed. She came and sat beside me on the bed.
"Everything that should have happened.", She said we her characteristic calm smile.
"I-I don't understand.", I said as Stephen Strange entered the room.
"You've woken up! That's–"
"Stephen, pause time.", Eva's voice was not really commanding but Stephen obeyed it anyways.
He used his time stone. Time paused.

"Get off the bed, Tony.", Eva said as I held her hand with my left hand and slowly got off. Stephen immediately walked up to me to help me stand.
"Come along.", She said as I was made to walk out of the room.

We were walking down to the living room. Everyone was just frozen, Steve and Peter were talking to each other when Dr. Strange did his job.
"Stephen.", I whispered.
"What?"
"I thought you were the Sorcerer Supreme.", I said indicating to the way he had just obeyed Eva.
He sighed and said raising his hand,
"I got engaged."
I supressed a laughter, looking at his tired face.
"Congrats!"
"Yes, thank you.", He said with a smile.

We paused in front of a wall.
There were a lot of photo frames.
"This is the story of your life.", Eva said as I stared at the wall.
"Okay.", I said, looking at the photo frames.

The one in the middle was large and I looked at in shock.
"That's my parents.", I whispered.
"Yes, so what's so wrong about it?", Stephen asked, still supporting me.
"They were long dead before I joined the Avengers and–", I paused and stared in the frame.

The photograph had me standing with Pepper on one side and Steve on the other. The younger four year old version of Morgan was in my arms and Peter stood beside Steve. Eva too was a part of the photograph, beside Pepper.

"How?", I whispered, looking towards Eva.
"Because Hydhel did it.", Stephen said.
"What did he do?", I asked looking back at the photo frame.
"He made an alternate timeline in which you exist. In which you survived the snap. In which I'm your biological sister, Steve your boyfriend, Peter your adopted son. Pepper has divorced with you but you couldn't let go of her, thanks to Morgan, your daughter. Where your parents were never killed by Bucky.", Eva said as I stared at her and then back at the picture.

"Tell me this is not a dream.", I said.
"Let me release you from my support and it will be proved that this is not a dream.", Stephen said with a sarcastic smile.
"Let me take him back. You can start time again.", Eva said as Stephen nodded. Eva held me up this time pulling me back to my room.
"You mean to say everything is perfect?", I asked as she looked at me with a smile.
"Yes. Finally.", She whispered.
I felt a surge of happiness through my veins. It was only because of my feet that I was not doing a ballerina all around the house.
She laid me down on the bed.
"You'll be okay, just take some rest. We have a feast tonight.", She said with a smile.
"Pepper knows everything?", I asked.
"Hydhel has his ways. You should know that by now.", She replied as I nodded and looked up at the ceiling. The argument between Steve and Peter restarted itself as I shut my eyes, feeling contented.

Feeling happy from within for the first time after years.

°°°