mr. stark & sir

I stared at her

I stared at her.
"Oh. That's great.", I still have no idea why I said it but nevertheless I did. Just then another voice caught my attention.
"Morgan I had asked you-", I looked up to find Pepper, she still looked the same, blonde hair and those blue eyes. It seemed like six years had never passed as I stared at her silently.

A part of me growing numb while another reminding me that I would have to leave them and go after this mission.
At times being a Hero hurts because you sacrifice everything, for others.

"Oh. Hello.", She said noticing me staring at her as I immediately blinked off my tears.
"Hello. I am Tony Stark.", I said with a smile.
"Pepper.", She replied with a smile, she definitely did not recognize me.
"Morgan, have I not asked you to keep that arm back into the lab?"
"But I like it mom. It's so cool.", Morgan said looking down at the arm with a smile.

"Let it be, Pep..per.", I suddenly realised that I was intervening and that would not be something nice when it came to first meetings.
"Yes, mom. He's right. Let it be.", Morgan said and winked at me.

Wait what?
Okay, so my daughter winks at unknown men when they take her side.
I'll have to keep an eye on her from heaven. If that at all is.

"No. Tony has no idea what you've been doing and that is the reason he's asking me to let this be. I know you'll go around breaking glass doors and I'm not allowing that.", She said sternly as Morgan immediately removed the arm and gave it to her.
"Good. And leave there's a meeting I have to attend.", Pepper's tone became a little less stern as Morgan nodded.

She gave me a last look.
"Meet you later Tony.", Saying so she left giving me a heartwarming smile.
"She becomes more and more stubborn each day.", Pepper said talking to herself and then smiled at me.
"I'm so sorry you had to see all of that Mr. Stark.", She said as we turned to walk into the room.
The way she said Mr. Stark sent chills down my spine. That's what she had been calling me all those years we had known each other. It was always Mr. Stark and Ms. Potts. I felt tears ich my eyes but I managed to hold them back.
Why did it have to hurt so very much?

As I opened the door for her, suddenly her hand touched mine and I felt a bolt of power run up to my elbow. I winced. I looked at her but she looked absolutely normal, as if nothing had happened.
Maybe I was imagining or something.

"Oh hello, Mrs. Stark.", I turned to find him, yes you're right, Peter Parker.
The kid of fifteen who I had decided to recruit in the Avengers. It had been his photograph with me which made me work and get that time portal made.

He was definitely not a kid anymore but he hadn't changed much. He looked at little taller wearing a grey jacket and those glasses. I knew them. Of course.. they had been a gift from me to him.
Now, this was definitely just to increase my pain. I drew in a deep breath and walked in shutting the door behind me.

"So, now that both of you are here we can begin with work.", Stephen Strange began.
"But where are the others?", Steve asked, of course, he wanted to meet his Bucky and Sam.
Of course.
"Oh, they'll come by tomorrow. Falcon and Winter Soldier are off for some mission. Now for the introductions..", he said indicating towards The Queen,
"Her name's Eva Johanson."
He pointed towards Steve,
"Steve Rogers."
Then towards Nat,
"Natasha Romanoff"

And finally towards me,
"Tony Stark."

I gave a nod like the others.
"Good to meet all of you.", Pepper said as she glanced towards me and gave me a smile.
"Alright so for our introductions, I'm Peter Parker. She's Pepper Stark and you know him already, Stephen Strange.", He said gleefully as I felt myself in an emotional turmoil.

I suddenly looked at Natasha who looked tired, more like she wanted to see someone but he wasn't there.

"Where's Bruce Banner and Clint Barton?", I asked, I have no idea why. Nat's eyes lit up as she looked at me like I was the Messiah of the world - which in reality I am, but nevertheless.
"Oh, Bruce will be joining us tomorrow and Clint will be coming to meet you although they are not really going to be a part of the fight.", Strange said as I gave a nod and looked at Nat who gave me a grateful look.

"Meeting dismissed. Steve and Natasha go along with Pepper, she's going to show you your rooms and Tony you're going with Peter.", Strange said as Steve and Nat left with Pepper. Peter walked up to me,
"So let's get going, sir.", He said as I nodded and started walking out of the cabin. We were walking down the corridor when I asked,
"Who gave those glasses to you?"

"My dad did."