confessions & passwords

We walked into Steve's room. It was quite similar to mine.
He shut the door behind me and stood in front of me.
"So, say it Tony."
"Say what?"
"What do you feel.. about me.?", He asked the last part quite unsure of himself.
"I feel that....you're Captain America.", I said. Of course, I wasn't going to give in that easily.

"Oh shut up! Tell me what feel about me in that way.", He said with a serious look.
"I feel something and I'm not gonna say it."
"Stop irritating me Stark."
"That's my passion, Steve.", I said with a wink.
"Tony we might not be here by next week. I just want you to spat it out.", He said now half irritated.
"But, I don't have anything to say, Cap.", I said like I had no idea what he was speaking about.

He heaved a deep breath.
"Fine. Damnit then. Leave Tony.", He said looking disgusted. He looked away and walked up to the window.
"How about you telling me what I want to hear?"
"Tony, stop this.", He said now looking tired.

He walked up to me.
"Okay, look I don't know what you're talking–"

I did not get to complete the statement.
He kissed me.
Yes, he actually did.
He bent in front and pulled me into a kiss.
For a while I stood still, wondering whether this was some kind of a dream and then realised this was real.
He placed his hand on my neck as I edged closer to him. The kiss just got deepened as time passed.

After what seemed Hundred years we parted. Breathing heavily.
He smiled and so did I.
"Shit, I never thought I was gonna do that.", He said looking at me, half amused.
"And I never thought that you'd ever initiate a kiss mid sentence.", I said looking at him, my cheeks felt hot, yes, men blush too.

"How about you initiating one?", He asked almost laughing.
"Sounds a great idea, dude.", I said with a smirk.
"Now am I going to go down on my knees or something for you, Mr. Stark?", He asked standing straight looking at me with a smile.
"I'll relieve you of that pain, Mr. Gentleman.", I said entwining my fingers in his.
"God, I feel so gay.", He said and blurted into laughter.
"Yeah, gay means happy in this sentence doesn't it?", I asked smiling.
"It's a pun, Tony.", He said with a wink.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door much to my annoyance.
Steve went and opened the door to find Pepper.
Suddenly a pang of guilt flowed through me.

What was I doing?
I promised to love her all my life.. and.
Wait, life.
I'm dead. Nevertheless, I felt like a culprit suddenly.

"You guys need to have the breakfast. Come down soon.", She said with a smile and left.
I sighed.
Emotions and their side effects.

We were soon at the dinner table.
"So, when's this insane brother of yours attacking?", I asked Eva who was busy staring at Strange.
"Oh.. yeah. By next week or so..", she said blushing in embarrassment.
"That gives us a week's time to get a plan made.", Natasha said finally looking away from Bruce.

What was this?
A staring session or something.

This was when I noticed Steve staring at me, he immediately averted his eyes.

Yeah, this was a staring session.

Suddenly I noticed that Pepper was missing.
"Where's Mrs. Stark?", I asked as if it did not matter at all.
"Umm yeah, I haven't seen her for quite some time.", Peter said munching on his sandwiches.
"I'll check it out.", I said standing up. My breakfast was done.

I knew where her room was.
I tried to push the door open but then, this one too wanted a password. I paused, what could it possibly be?

I finally said,
"When I drift off, I'll dream about you."

The door flew open.
I walked in to find Pepper standing at the window.
"You didn't come down for breakfast.. why so?", I asked as the door shut itself again.
"How did you know my password?", Her voice was emotionless, as I felt a burning sensation in my chest.

Did she know who I was?