tears & card

I stood still. My breath caught up in my throat as I turned. Morgan stood opposite to me, looking up at me in awe.
"Dad! You.. you are here.. and how did I not..", her voice broke away as she ran up to me.
I knelt in front of her as she immediately wrapped her hands around me, crying.

"I.. I missed you.", She whispered as I held onto her tighter.
"I missed you too Morgana..", I whispered back, letting the tears flow down.
I looked up to find the Queen smiling at me softly.
'A small death day gift from me.', her voice said in my mind as I gave her a grateful smile, still clutching on to Morgan.

She turned away and walked off as I shut my eyes holding her as if my life depended on her.

"I missed you so much..", she whispered as I finally released her. I rubbed off her tears, realising how true the Queen had been. Indeed, she was definitely the most important person in my life and maybe afterlife also.

"Where were you?", She asked, now carefully wiping off my tears.
I smiled at her and said,
"Up there.", I said pointing towards the purple sky.
"I told Thor to give you a message, did he do it?", She asked as I raised a brow and asked,
"What did you tell him?"

"To tell you that I miss you 3000."
My lips broke into a wider smile as I looked into her eyes,
"Sure, he did.", I replied.
"You're not gonna leave me anyone, are you?"

At this my expression froze. The truth was, all of this was temporary, I would eventually have to go.
Everybody has to go.

"Let's not talk about that right now.", I said changing the topic.
"Daddy, promise me you're not gonna leave anymore.", She said stubbornly.
"Umm.. okay, I will try.", I said knowing this was a lie.
She beamed at me as I kissed her softly on her cheek.
"I think we should be in, your mom's gonna get angry otherwise.", I said standing up.

I knew this was all temporary and if I got too attached to her, it would ultimately hurt her even more.
"And what will happen if she does get angry?", She asked as we walked back towards the building.
"Then I will definitely come to an end.", I said as she chuckled.

"By the way, promise me that you're not gonna tell anymore.", I said.
"That's mom's gonna end you.", She said laughing.
"Oh yeah, don't tell that to anyone and also that I'm here.", I said.
Her laughing stopped as she looked at me.
"There's a reason.", I said reading her mind as we walked into the building.
"Promise.", She said as I nodded and escorted her to her room.

I walked back to my room with a sigh.
"Why was this afterlife also painful?", I whispered as I walked into my room.
"Oh hi, Iron man.", Steve was sitting on the bed reading a magazine.
"Hi, Cap.", I said going and sitting beside him on the bed.
"Is everything okay, Tony?", He asked placing a hand on my shoulder.
"No.", I replied plainly.
"Morgan recognised me, thanks to the Queen.", I added immediately. I was looking down at the floor.

"And why are you sad then?", His voice remained steady.
"Because all this is temporary. I'll ultimately have to leave. It hurts.", I said, this time tears of pain streaming down my eyes.
"Hey, Tony Stark doesn't look too good when he cries.", Steve said as I turned towards him.
He smiled at me.

"Ah, well I never knew that.", I said wiping off my tears.
"Know it now, then. Everything will be okay Tony. Trust me.", He said.
"I do.", I said looking away again.
He pulled me in a side hug.
"Maybe we should drink tonight.. sounds good?", He asked as I gave him a you are really saying this look.

"Nopes.. not too good.. I have a better plan.", I said as he looked at me with a suspicious look.
"And what is that plan.?", He asked.
"We commonly call it Romance, old man.", I whispered as he looked at me with a smirk.
"You are really an–"
"Language!", I stated as he looked at me in embarrassment.
"I hate you so much Stark.", He said as I stood up.
"I love you Rogers.", I said pulling his cheek.
"You are absolutely unbelievable.", He said rubbing his cheek as I left his cheeks alone.
"Tell me something I don't know Cap.", I said pouring myself a glass of water.
"Oh yes.", He said standing up and walking up to me.

He handed me an envelope.
"Now are you giving me a love letter, Steve?", I asked taking it with a raised brow.
"Open it.", He said as I pulled out the card from the envelope.

I stared at it in shock.
"Swear on America that this is not a joke.", I said staring at it.
"I am not.", Steve said with a smirk.

", Steve said with a smirk