tony & pep

I immediately turned to find Pepper. The light right through her chest as I immediately dismounted the eagle and flew up to her. She was falling. I scooped her up and immediately flew to a site far from the battle.
I immediately placed her on the ground, under a tree, as she cluched onto my hand tightly. My microphone had fallen off somewhere. I removed hers and kept with with myself.

The light had gone through her chest and I could see her suit melting away due to it. My eyes filled with tears as I edged closer to her.
"Tony..", it was a whisper.
"Pepper.. please.", My voice chocked. I placed my hand on her cheek, tears streaming down my eyes.
"Don't worry.. Tony...", I could somehow feel her pain. Tears flowed down her eyes.
"Please.. please no..", I could only say that as I held onto her. I immediately hugged her as she embraced me back, tightly, with all her might.
"Everything will be okay.", She whispered.
"Not without you.", I whispered back, holding her tightly.

"Tony.."
"Hmm.."
"I love you 3000.", And suddenly her grip on my body loosened. I froze. I immediately released her.
"Pep?", I asked, her eyes were shut, a peaceful smile rested on her face.
"Pep!", I screamed as I put her down.

There was silence.

Only the distant sounds of the war.
Armaments, screams, sound of lasers. An eerie wind blew, ruffling the leaves of the tree, as I sat silently.
A piercing silence as I looked at her motionless body.
The sun was slowly rising in the horizon as I sat frozen.
It's orangish glow fell on my face. The sounds of the war ended.
But I sat there.
Motionless.
Looking at her face.
Holding her hand.

"Tony, are you–", It was Steve. He paused and stared. My tears had dried up but I kept staring down at her.
"Pepper..", Steve whispered as he immediately knelt beside her checking her breathing.
It had stopped.
He gulped nervously and then looked at me.
"Tony.. let's take her home.", He said.
"She was my home.", I looked at him, a sudden emotion of hate against him stiring within me. I somehow wanted to blame him for everything.
"Tony, I–"
"Get lost.", I said, coming out of my trance and slowly picking her off the ground.
"Tony please–"
"Just get lost, Steve! I don't need your sympathy! Just leave! You were leading us weren't you?! Your strategies? And see what you have done! Look what you have done Steve Rogers!", The last statement was loud and it somehow seemed to echo. He looked at me helplessly, tears running down his eyes as I slowly lifted Pepper and took to the air.

He looked up at me, and we knew, we had fallen apart again.

°

I was standing in the corner, watching everything from afar. Peter was trying to console Morgan, while everyone mourned over her death. I stood at the corner, shutting my eyes, and remembering everything.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my hand. I opened my eyes and looked down to find Morgan standing opposite to me.
Contempt on her face, pushing daggers into my soul.
"You promised.", She whispered in her numb voice.
"I tried.", I whispered back.
"YOU DIDN'T! YOU DID NOT TRY!", She screamed at me as I stood quietly, looking at her.
"Morgan–", Peter tried to say but was cut off by her,
"I hate you! You did not keep your promise! I hate you!!", She screamed, as fresh tears appeared in her eyes and she turned and left.

I stood where I was. Crying over everything that I had lost.

Steve came and stood beside me.
"Tony we'll avenge her.", He said looking at me with the hope that I'll say 'Yes' but he was wrong.

"I am walking out of the Avengers.", I replied, my face resolute, and my voice determined.

°°°