love & war

"You cannot–", he tried to say as I immediately turned away and left

"You cannot–", he tried to say as I immediately turned away and left. I did not have to hear him speak anymore.
"Tony! This is not going to help anyone!", He shouted behind me.
"Guess what? I don't give a damn Steve Rogers.", I said with a sarcastic smile.
"Mr. Stark.", Peter Parker immediately walked up to me as I paused.
"Yeah, what?", I asked extremely irritated.
"She would have not wanted you to walk away.", He said pointing towards the coffin.
"You are no one–"
"I know.", He said.
"I know I'm no one to tell you anything, but for all I know she was like a mom to me and if she chose to die for you, she wanted you to live. She wanted you to live and win this battle. Domaubris is not gone, it's just that he doesn't fight in the day light due to some odd reason. He'll return again, tonight. We'll have to fight him, Mr. Stark.", He said as I drew in a deep breath looking at the coffin.

My throat went numb. It felt like my heart was tearing apart.

"She would have wanted you to carry her coffin to the church, Tony.", Steve said looking at me sadly. I looked down at the ground, my heart aching as I shut my eyes.
It felt like I could see the time we had spent together. The way she'd get annoyed with me but even then, she would love me. The way she said, 'You can rest now.' after the battle with Thanos. I sighed.

"Fine.", I replied looking straight at Peter.
"I'll do..", I turned towards Steve,
"Whatever it takes."
He nodded with a smile as I trudged back to the coffin. I placed my hand on it,
"You shall be avenged.", I said feeling a new energy course through my body.

°
Evening came sooner than expected. I drew in a deep breath of the musty air. I wanted to defeat that Domaubris.
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Eva.", I stated as she came and stood beside me.
"It must be difficult for you.", I said, remembering that the man I was so passionately planning to kill was her brother.
"No. It's not. That's what we are meant to do. Defeat the evil, isn't it?", I looked at her.

She had a warm aura around her, something to make you feel pleasant.
"Tell me, Eva, how can we defeat him.", I said as she nodded with a smile.
"It's difficult."
"If I could die to save the universe, I don't think anything will ever be difficult for me.", I said as she looked up at me with moist eyes.
"You know he too spoke this was in his younger days. When he was not some Lord of Darkness, but my younger brother. It was before he got the taste of power.", She said as I placed my hand on hers.
"Then what happened?", I asked.
"He changed.", She replied.
"Power changed him?", I asked.
"A curse did.", She said and finally looked away drawing in a deep breath.

"I know how to defeat him.", She said.
"Then tell me.", I said immediately.
She looked at me and sighed,
"It is not possible that one will live if he intends to defeat him.", I smiled and looked at the sky.
"I've promised her. And I'll do. Whatever it takes.", I said and smiled at her.
She smiled rubbing off a tear.
"I wish you would get all the happiness you deserve after this is over.", She said as I smiled with a raised brow.
"And that is a blessing?", I asked.
She smiled solemnly and said,
"If you take it as one, Mr. Stark.", I turned back towards the sky nodding with a smile.

°°°