missing & loving

I paused and looked at him

"You're dad?", I asked, my voice was almost a whisper.
"Oh yeah, like almost my dad, not by blood but definitely by relations. He's my mentor.", Peter said animatedly.
"Oh.", I said as I started walking again, trying hard to hold back my tears but it was just too difficult to do.
"Tell me something about him.", I asked trying hard to sound normal.
"He was the guy you'd love to talk. Although a little strict when he wanted to be, he was great. I miss him so much..", he paused as if composing himself, he looked up with moist eyes,
"He's gone because of me, by the way."

"It's not your fault, kid.", I said, my voice breaking away but I did not care. He mustn't blame himself for this.
"It is. It's always my fault. I always mess up.", He said sounding dejected.
Something came over me as I hugged him tightly.

"This is nice.", He whispered.

"It's okay, Peter. He's glad that he saved everyone, trust me.", I said in a numb voice.
"How do you know?", He asked, in his broken voice.
"I'm the Oracle, I know everything.", He let out a soft laughter as I released him.
"Anyways, I had to escort you to your room.", Peter said wiping off his tears as I did the same immediately.
"Those glasses suit you, kid."
"Thanks sir."
"Tony will be more than enough.", I said with a smile.
"Thanks Tony.", He said correcting himself as he opened the door of the room. It was a large room with the king sized bed.
"This looks great.", I said.
"Thanks. I've got work, I must go.", He said as he turned to leave.
"Peter, where's Morgan's room?", I asked.
"Ah, well that's right at the end of the corridor. But remember she's got a password on it so you cannot just enter.", Peter said and left with a smile.

I walked into the room and sat on the bed looking around.
All this was so pleasant but painful at the same time.
Peter could never call me dad again, neither would Morgan ever tell me ' I love you 3000' neither would Pepper ever tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't.
It was all over and here I was, dead but here because the world needed me..

I sighed and stood up.
I didn't have much time before the war and I had to cherish every moment. I walked down to Morgan's room and pushed the door. It didn't happen as a mechanical voice asked,
"Password."
"Umm.. Iron man.", I said but immediately the reply came,
"Wrong password."
"It's I love you 3000, Mr. Stark.", It was Pepper who walked up beside me.

"Oh, didn't expect that.", I said as she smiled.
"Maybe that's the reason why she wanted that to be her password. By the way she's not in there, she outside with Peter.", She said with a smile.
"So, what brings you here Pepper?", I asked softly.
"Oh, that's because my daughter loves getting her whole room in a mess like her dad and I've got to clean it. She wouldn't let anyone near her stuff except me.", She said with a smile and then turned towards the door and said,
"I love you 3000"

The door flew open.
"Do you mind me coming in?", I asked and immediately realised that this was so stupid to ask, she met me just today.
"I wouldn't and I'm sure neither would she, Mr. Stark.", She said as I walked in amused.
Did she recognise me or something?
No. That's not possible, definitely.

The room was painted all red and golden. Iron Man photographs and paintings hanging on the wall. The bed was surely a mess. The wall opposite to the bed had 'I am Iron Man' written in golden.

"Mr. Stark?"
"Oh yeah, tell me what to do. I'll do it.", I said remembering why I was here.
"Could you just place those books on the desk?", Pepper asked pointing towards a pile of books and papers on the bed. I immediately picked them up and placed them on the desk. There was a small booklet lying on the desk.

Pepper was busy with some work when I opened it slowly.
The first page said,
"To Daddy."

I couldn't help my curious brain as I picked it up and carefully fixed it under my t - shirt.
"Tony?"
"Yeah, anything else?", I asked turning towards her.
"Yes, just help me with this bedsheet. Morgan is a real mess."
"Like her dad?"
"He was a hot mess.", She said with a smile glancing at me.

", She said with a smile glancing at me