Part 10

While the creature, no Rune, was gazing at her lovingly, he failed to notice the arrow the struck his arm until it was too late. He let out a scream of agony and pure rage. Yes, the rage and fury was clearly evident in his voice. If Rune didn't like her, she would have been scared to be with him at the time. Kaaya felt herself falling as Rune's arm was slowly falling. "Rune!" She screamed. "I will save you my princess!" Immediately, she knew whose voice it was. Tye was here. He could control the Earth so seaweed grown from the ocean floor wrapped around her waist. Kaaya heard an unearthly sound coming from Rune, but it seemed as though he was paralyzed. Rune's eyes flickered from Kaaya to Tye with rage so powerful, there was no way to describe it. Kaaya looked at Tye and the stupid smirk on his face like he was the prince saving her from the monster. She was disgusted. What kind of person was he? The stupid seaweed placed her right in Tye's arms. Ugh! Ew! She tried to get out of his arms, but his arms were wrapped securely around her, including her arms. Kaaya glanced at Rune..he was unconscious. What was she supposed to do now? This son of an oaf was going to take her back to to his stupid home. "I hate so much words can't express it." Tye looked at her with an unreadable expression. "Oh, and you know i can walk right? You don't have to carry me in your arms every freaking time?" Tye just looked at her and smirked, but thankfully dropped her to hard floor. That piece of idiocy!! Tye started laughing like a drunk maniac, while Kaaya rubbed her sore bottom and back. Then, the laughter suddenly stopped. Kaaya could feel an intense gaze her and looked at Tye. Oh for God's sake! This ridiculous dress, which she was now regretting wearing, was barely covering her thigh. Tye's eyes seemed to be glued on her form as got up. Ok, it was intimate when Rune looked at her like that, but Tye's pervert eyes just made uncomfortable. Wait, till she tells Rune and Vex about Tye's revolting eyes. "Kaaya, my kashu, why do you hate me? We used to be best friends for like ever! You even said that i was a cute idiot before!" Kaaya flinched at the use at her previous nickname. Kashu was Tye used to call her when they were hanging out and didn't want anyone else to know their names. Kaaya used to call Tye, Tang, which was short for Tangerine. Yes, she knew it was random. "Well, I can't say that I agree with you. You are not cute, and I could find more colorful words to describe you than idiot." "Ooh like visually appealing or hot as hell or so bloody hands-?" Kaaya rolled her eyes. "How about moron, simpleton, halfwit, fool, and imbecile?" Tye's eyes darkened at her long vocab list. Kaaya felt a smirk appear on her face as she walked away like a bawse. 

"Kaayaaaaa!! You're back!! Why did you leave?" Kaaya turned around to hear Terra running toward her. She didn't have time for this, she needed some way to escape this hellhole. And anyway, why was Terra acting like her best friend. Best friends don't let people, especially their siblings *cough cough* kidnap them. She was underground once again. She sighed. One of Tye's maids, poor girl, brought a glass of water in her for her. She was about to sip until *ding* an idea formed. Kaaya dropped the far on the overly luscious carpet and touched it hoping to get a message from Rune. She felt electricity tingle run along her fingers almost as though they were caressing her. There was a message in the water that said, 'i will save you if it kills me. I will be here by tonight. Be prepared. -R' The message was comforting and at least Kaaya now knew that Rune was okay. "Kaaya, my kashuuuu! Come here, I want to show you something." Great, the empty-headed 'prince' has spoken. Sighing, she thought she might as well change out of this drenched dress. Purposely going slow, Kaaya opened her closet and was careful to choose pick full sweatpants with a oversized t-shirt as she had no intention to have the same repetition of before. 

After she changed, she was met with Tye's annoyed and somewhat angry expression. It was a foreign look on her former friend. Her former friend was never angry and she never ever saw a frown on his face. She sighed and looked at him. He had something behind his back. "Kashu darling, you finally decided to join me." He noted her new apparel. "I have surprise for you!" Tye literally shoved the box into her hands. Cautiously, she opened up the box and screamed. It looked like a paw- a paw of some poor creature. Kaaya felt tears slipping down her cheeks and start to feel dizzy. Faint was starting to catch up to her. Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her and lift her bridal style and carry her off. Her head was spinning as she was placed gently on a bed. "I hope you liked my gift. I personally believe it was a great gift because I got to have you in my arms!" Tye smiled, a repulsive smile. So that is why he bought the dead animal?! So she could be in his blasted arms!?!?! SCREW HIM! That sick, heartless, unhuman...thing!!!! Kaaya started to cry. For that poor creature. For everyone around him. For the Tye she used to know. For herself. "Shh..it's ok my queen. You are with me now. Nothing will hurt you." "T-tye..b-before you became w-w-whatever you are now..i-i t-truly did l-l-love you..i m-miss my o-old, goofy, b-best f-f-f-frie-" Kaaya couldn't finish her sentence. She saw that Tye's eyes have a faraway look to them as if he was remembering the wonderful moments they had together. Tye's eyes shifted into something softer. Kaaya was scared that he would be back to normal now..no that's impossible. His voice was barely audible when he said, "I love you too Kaaya. I wish I didn't have to change. But, they tried to take you away from me." Kaaya was right, it was too late for Tye to change back. She was still sitting next to Tye when his arms loosened. It was now or never. Kaaya pushed him off of her and ran as fast as she could go.