Part 2

Kaaya decided to call Tye. The phone rang twice before Tye picked up the phone. 

"Hey Kaaya, how are you?" Tye told her. "Yeah, um hi. I was going to ask if you wanted to watch a movi-" Kaaya could not finish because Tye had already agreed. She thought watching a movie would take her mind of whatever she was dealing with. Kaaya had told Tye that they could watch the movie at the end of the day after she had to finish doing her "homework" or more like thinking of what happened and how her life went from ordinary to dangerous is a short period of time. Kaaya thought all day about what was going to happen to Vex. She had still felt bad about getting mad at him for not telling his name. Finally her twin sister, Zaverii, came to her room. Zaverii was always there for her when she needed it the most. She would die for her twin. 

"Hey Kaaya, what's up?" Zaverii was quiet like her. She wasn't as quiet as Kaaya though. She still had a social personality and a lot of friends. 

"Nothing much. Did you finish your homework?" Kaaya replied. 

Zaverii said, "My homework? Do you think I should recheck it? I will recheck right now!" Kaaya thought that her sister worried too much at times. There was a tapping sound at her window.

   She opened the window to find Vex standing there. She opened the window and wrapped her arms around him and gave him a huge hug. Kaaya looked in his eyes, he was studying her. Then, he moved back and was studying her from head to toe. A light blush came to her cheeks. 

"What happened? And oh thank you." She said shyly for barely anyone ever did anything nice for her. She was invisible at school. 

"You are in danger, but don't worry I won't let anything happen to you. The water ruler has taken a liking to you and wants you to be partner in ruling with him." Kaaya was shocked, nervous, and disgusted. She wanted to choose things from her own free will, not forced by some smug evil water ruler. Before Kaaya could answer though, she heard Zaverii calling for her in another room. Kaaya told Vex goodbye mostly because she didn't know what to say to him and walked away, feeling his eyes scorching her back. She didn't turn around. 

Right then Kaaya remembered that she had to go to the movies with Tye. She runs as fast as she can go to Tye's house. She gets there and gives him a quick apology hug. Tye had been her best friend for a long time. They were the same, both outcasts, but they had each other. Kaaya notices how he lingers in hug as if he afraid to let go. 

"Come on Tye, we have to watch the movie before it's too late. As they walk, she notes that the wind is light and tickles her skin. They walk to Tye's car and Tye opens the door for Kaaya. Kaaya thanks him and then he gets in the wheel. The ride to the theaters was quiet, but comfortable. They finally reached theaters and was walking down to the movie. As they were watching the movie, Kaaya had a strange suspicion that someone was watching her. She grew kind of uncomfortable in her seat and start to squirm. She told Tye that she was going to get some fresh air. She went to the bathroom and decided she should wash her face. As she opened the tap on the sink. The water moved and formed some kind of message.. She touched it. It was solid! Kaaya read the message. She skimmed it quickly and knew what she had to do.

      She ran out quickly, she checked her watch. She had enough time before she could back inside. She felt the soft breeze and she turned around. She was inches away from Vex. Instinctively, she took a few steps back. She stared at his penetrating eyes that felt like they were making a hole through her. Why was it him who made her so uncomfortable? She couldn't wait anymore, she quickly blurted out the news to him. 

His face warped into a fit of rage and he looked like he wanted to kill someone. She remembered who he was and felt a flash of fear run through her for anyone who defied him. 

"So the ruler of the waters is going to take Zaverii and kill her if you don't be his forever like the message said. I am not going to allow this to happen." Vex seemed like he was talking more to himself rather to her. 

The wind wrapped around her as though protecting her from something. She started to panic and realized that it was Vex. What was going on? 

"I won't allow anyone to hurt you." He whispered on her neck as light and it blew away. Kaaya was very dizzy until she realized she only had had a few minutes until the movie was over. She ran to find Tye looking worried and his face soon relaxed slightly as he saw Kaaya. 

"Kaaya, where were you? Are you okay?" . Kaaya was still thinking about the other thing. Her thoughts were running in every possible direction. 

"I am fine." She replied distractedly. Tye looked at her strangely, but she was saved from his questioning by the ring of his phone. 

"One sec." He told her. Thank goodness! She had time to figure out what the heck was going on. Suddenly something grabbed her waist and pulled her. Then, all she saw was black.