Part 8

Kaaya needed to find Vex. "Kaaya, did you switch off lights??" Her sister, Zaverii asked her. "Happy birthday Zaverii! I love you too!" Kaaya knew had other friends she wanted to hang with today. Right now, Kaaya needed to find Vex before her mom did. Suddenly the light switched back on. "Boo!" Kaaya screamed. Vex was staring and laughing at her. She told him to be quiet because her mom was still downstairs. "Dinner's ready!" Her mom shouted downstairs as though she sensed that Kaaya was talking about her. She looked Vex, would he come? She told him that she would be right back and told him that she would get something for him. Kaaya went downstairs. Zaverii was already sitting down and eating. "Hey mom, can I go upstairs and eat? I have a lotta homework to finish." Her mom nodded at her. She went upstairs to find Vex sitting on her bed relaxing with his eyes closed. He was sleeping. Aha! She thought to herself. This was time for revenge for scaring her before. Kaaya took a marker and decided to draw a beard on him. Right when the marker was almost in contact with his skin, he grabbed her wrist and kissed her knuckles. Kaaya screamed and punched him in the arm. "For someone, who gets scared often, you throw a powerful punch." He replied rubbing his arm. She shot him a glare and a smug look after. "I got you some food." Kaaya told him. Vex looked at the food and then back at her. He did this a few times until it got awkward for Kaaya. Then, he burst out laughing. "Hey, what's funny?" "I don't eat food, I am literally wind." A look of embarrassment splashed on her face. How could she be so stupid? Kaaya yawned, she was very tired from the day that she had. After she ate, she went to wash her hands. When she touched the water, she felt like it was grasping her hand desperately. The last thing that she thought, before she went to bed was she needed to find Rune.

      When she woke up in the morning, she forgot that Vex was still in her room. The last thing she remembered was fainting on the floor. Then, why was she in her bed? Kaaya dismissed the thought as immediately as it popped in her mind. She needed to find Rune. She touched the water again, and there was message in the water this time. It told her it was Rune and he knows that she is safe. Also, to meet him at the beach and that he has a surprise for her there. Where in the world was Vex, she needed to meet Rune and to make sure that he is okay and hasn't gone crazy like Tye had. She frowned at the thought of him turn into this new person that she had met which she had known as Tye before. She missed the comfort and familiarness of her friend.    

 A few hours later, she walked to the beach where she was supposed to meet him. Why was Rune missing all of a sudden? Either Rune was with her or Vex was with her..why couldn't they both see her? Earlier she chose a outfit for her to wear. She chose a dark blue skater dress that stopped mid-thigh. The dress was absolutely stunning, but Kaaya was sure she ruined it's appeal. Oh well...why not? She never was a big fan of dresses, but she needed to wear them before they got too small for her. Smoothening her dress, she took off flip flops which she hurriedly put on before going to see Rune. "Rune? Rune, where are you?" When was he? Why he couldn't he show up on time? Suddenly, she saw lightning flash behind her. "AHHHH!!" What the hell was that? Kaaya saw a silhouette wearing a hoodie and a mask?