Part 5

She opened the door and there was Vex who was smiling at her. His gaze swept over her and his eyes darkened. He gave her a present in wind streaks. He said in a very low voice, "happy birthday." She mumbled a soft thanks, she refused to make eye contact with him. "Vex!" Zaverii exclaimed. "Hey." He told her. She told Zaverii and Vex that she would be upstairs if they needed anything, more so to Zaverii than Vex. But, unfortunately they both came upstairs with her and Tye. "Kaaya! I have an idea. How about we take time to spend with each person. It will kind of be like spend time with the birthday girl alone and everyone else waits." Zaverii told her, obviously excited to tell her something. She wanted some time with Zaverii alone and Tye alone, but not Vex. Everyone except her agreed so it was 3-1, so it was win - lose. "FIne" She said, still not making eye contact with Vex. She smiled at Tye. Through the corner of her eye, she saw Vex glare at Tye. She smiled to herself. "I will go with Tye first." She declared. Tye grinned proudly as she said that. She gave him a smile back at him. She suggested that they restart the movie that they last saw in the theaters. Tye agreed quickly. She smiled. Kaaya watched the movie with Tye. His arms around her, but she didn't mind. She could feel someone watching her. She didn't care, she just snuggled closer to Tye. During the movie, she heard the wind banging, almost shattering her windows. "Crazy wind, we got today? Right?" Tye asked her. She smiled mischievously. "Yes Tye, yes it is." He didn't know anything and she was jealous of him for that.

        "Zaverii. I want Zaverii next, my own sister to spend time with." Kaaya said ignoring Vex. "Whatever the birthday girl wishes" Tye replied. Kaaya, then realized she shouldn't put Tye and Vex in the same room together for various reasons. She winked at Zaverii and whispered something into Tye's ear. She had told him to get the birthday candles because she had forgotten to get them before. She knew that Tye would take time shopping. Zaverii had something for Vex already, so luckily she hadn't had to say anything at him. Her sister had told him to wait here and be quiet. Zaverii had wanted to agree to paint their nails together. Kaaya agreed, she would do anything as long as Vex wasn't there. They painted their nails and chatted. Mostly chatted, no blabbered about gossip. Finally, it was Vex's turn. Tye came back right when they finish which was lucky for all of them. Kaaya said thank you to Tye. "Vex, it's your turn with Kaaya." Zaverii said. Why was this happening? But, she didn't want to upset her sister. She went inside her room.Vex followed Kaaya and they sat together. Kaaya staring at the floor and Vex scrutinizing her. She suddenly became self-conscious. "You look ravishing today." Vex said softly. "Hm. I don't look ravishing every time you see me? Or do you want bring my sister into this just like you brought her into everything else?" Kaaya had lost her temper. "Kaaya, I got a phone and I called you, but you didn't pick up." Kaaya thought about the unknown calls. Kaaya didn't know what to say at first, but then she saw his gaze lower to her mouth. She realized that she was looking at his as well. She blushed furiously and looked away. "So what do you want to do?" She asked, trying to get rid of the awkwardness. He smirked at her with a mysterious gleam in his eyes. She glared at him, but then suddenly she was lifted off the ground into his arms.