Chapter 47- If You're Scared, You Better Run.

*Caitlyn/Kennedy's POV*

Beau, Luke, James, Skip, Jai and I swiped our key cards through the slot, and closed the door, locking it. We plopped down on the couch, sighing. After the fire incident, more extreme safety measures were taken. We made up a story, that I left the house in "Kennedy" and Katie's care when I was on my "trip".The media will bite on any sort of bait.

We had RCMP officers flown out to accompany Jai and I at all times outside of the house, and they also lived at this house. There are security cameras and listening devices in every room but the bathroom and bedrooms. All of the property is being watched 24/7. So basically, we're under custody, in a good but bad way. That must be SO fun.

"I'm boreeeeddd...." wined Jai.

"Then jam session downstairs." I muttered.

"Makeout session downstairs sounds even better." Said Jai. I pointed at the camera, and he stopped grinning. Days haven't been so good. Brokenhearted broke up. Aquaguitarist committed suicide in jail. Josh escaped. Skrillex was suspiciously cooperative. Once, I got a payphone call from Josh. Begging for my love back, apparently my ex-dancer is now his ex-girlfriend. I got Blake to track the call, but by the time they got there, Josh was nowhere to be found.

A potential psychopathic ex out to get me on the loose is NOT a very reassuring thought. And that means we're under almost 24 hour surveillance. Yay.

Cody was still pretty rattled after his attack at the skatepark, and I paid for bodyguards to be outside my Toronto house, and with him 24/7 for extreme measures. He now lived with Joel in my Toronto house, since it was safer, and he REALLY wanted to move ou tof his mom's basement.

"Hey, Blake, can he go outside?" I asked, trying to catch him at a time where he wasn't paying attention. He was on the couch, going a Sudoku puzzle, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"No. And Jai, don't think I haven't seen your Elvis tattoo, it's on your identification card. Same for you, Caitlyn." He replied, glancing up, and going back to his puzzle. Dammit.

I groaned, and started playing Tetris Battle on my phone with Luke and Jai, though they were on either side of me. They both had their headphones so loud that I could hear them.I ignored the whispering in the room, and put my headphones on, the sound of Bruno Mars' "Runaway Baby" filling my ears.

"Well looky here looky here

Ah what do we have?

Another pretty thang ready for me to grab

But little does she know

That I'm a wolf in sheeps clothing

'Cause at the end of the night

It is her I'll be holding

I love you so

That's what you'll say

You'll tell me

Baby baby please don't go away

But when I play, I never stay

To every girl that I meet here this is what I say:

Run run run away, run away baby

Before I put my spell on you

You better get get get away get away darling

'Cause everything you heard is true

Your poor little heart will end up alone

'Cause lord knows I'm a rolling stone

So you better run run run away run away baby

Well let me think let me think

Ah what should I do?

So many eager young bunny's

That I'd like to pursue

Now even now they eating out the palm of my hand

There's only one carrot and they all gotta share it

I love you so

That's what you'll say

You'll tell me

Baby baby please don't go away

But when I play, I never stay

To every girl that I meet here this is what I say:

Run run run away, run away baby

Before I put my spell on you

You better get get get away get away darling

'Cause everything you heard is true

Your poor little heart will end up alone

'Cause lord knows I'm a rolling stone

So you better run run run away run away baby

See I ain't try to hurt you baby

No no, no I just wanna work you baby

Yup yup

See I ain't try to hurt you baby

No no, no I just wanna work you baby-"

"Cait, where's Blake?" asked Beau. Jai, Luke, and I looked up, and where Blake was supposed to be, was a faceless figure in a tux. Ho-ly shit.

I grabbed Jai and Luke's hands, leaped over the couch, and ran into the basement, dragging the two along and closing the door, as the music kept playing, making me run faster.

"If you scared you better run (You better run)

You better run (You better run)

You better you better you better

Run run run away, run away baby

Before I put my spell on you

You better get get get away get away darling

'Cause everything you heard is true

Your poor little heart will end up alone

'Cause lord knows I'm a rolling stone

So you better run run run away run away baby!"

I let go of their hands, ran around randomly, and hid in a walk-in closet. Jai followed.

"That's freaking mortifying." I said, curling up into a ball with Jai's arms around me.

"Don't worry." He turned his phone screen on, and shone it on his forearm. "Elvis wil protect us!" I giggled, but stopped when I heard a door open and then close. We walked to the back of the closet cautiously.

"I'm scared." I wimpered, snuggling into Jai's chest. I felt his finger lift my chin up, and I could slightly see the glint of his eyes in the dim light. "Don't be scared, I'l be here. Just as I felt his lips on mine, I heard a voice that made us both jump apart.

"Please don't start doing that here, I can sort of see and hear you." I heard Jai sigh. "Luke, you're such a creeper sometimes, I sw-" Thumping noises, yelling, and pounding footsteps came from upstairs. I froze. We heard footsteps got down the stairs and near our door. We hid under the shelves, behind rack of clothes just as the door opened. A sliver of light sone into the closet, an inch from my foot.

Blake, Beau, James, and Daniel were roughly tossed into the closet, and right before the door closed, I glanced up at the figure, recognising the face immedietly.

Josh. And he had little flecks of red on his face, and his white shirt. Dosen't take a genius to figure out what that was.

As Bruno Mars would say, If you scared, you better run.

The door slammed shut, we heard a click, and retreating footsteps.

I was too petrified to run.